HOA! GRrrrrr

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Personally, I would rather have an HOA do it than pay tax dollars to do it.

In most HOA's you're doing both. Many don't realize there are already local codes on the books for a lot of things. You're paying your taxes to help keep those codes up, believe me.

Honestly he would be appalled at the idea of an HOA at all. But then again he'd be appalled at 98% of the US Code as well.

You know, there's nothing in the constitution or the law that says you're guaranteed to have a house that is as valuable as it was when you paid for it.

Good point about how Thomas Jefferson would feel about 98% of what this country has turned into. Neighbors policing neighbors and telling unelected people. The unelected kings threaten and punish people. etc....

Our HOA has elected members, and a majority can throw them out any time if we have have the votes. Our neighborhood is a "free society" governed by the majority, and you can opt in or move out any time you want.

Sort of like the U.S.A., isn't it? I'm a heck of a lot more in an uproar about how our national government is treating us, restricting us and taxing us than I am our HOA. Wonder what Mr. Jefferson would think about that?

I actually think I have a voice in our HOA, and my vote counts more. The head of our HOA is not an idiot, and I cannot remember any time I think our HOA has ever lied to us. I have far more faith in our ability to win a legal fight with our HOA than our federal government.

Overall, our HOA does pretty well for us, and, relatively, it's pretty cheap. HOA's are not all bad (or good)

I'm just saying.

Our HOA has elected members, and a majority can throw them out any time if we have have the votes. Our neighborhood is a "free society" governed by the majority, and you can opt in or move out any time you want.

Sort of like the U.S.A., isn't it? I'm a heck of a lot more in an uproar about how our national government is treating us, restricting us and taxing us than I am our HOA. Wonder what Mr. Jefferson would think about that?

I actually think I have a voice in our HOA, and my vote counts more. The head of our HOA is not an idiot, and I cannot remember any time I think our HOA has ever lied to us. I have far more faith in our ability to win a legal fight with our HOA than our federal government.

Overall, our HOA does pretty well for us, and, relatively, it's pretty cheap. HOA's are not all bad (or good)

I'm just saying.
I don't object to HOA's..Just to out of control cliquish HOA members who think that making rules and threatening people is why they hold the office of board member...

I don't object to HOA's..Just to out of control cliquish HOA members who think that making rules and threatening people is why they hold the office of board member...

Well now the guy doesn't think my Bush is big enough. It was the biggest I could find but I do admit I thought I would be able to find a bigger one. They will just have to wait for it to grow.

Well now the guy doesn't think my Bush is big enough. It was the biggest I could find but I do admit I thought I would be able to find a bigger one. They will just have to wait for it to grow.
ok..I thiunk it is time to bring the old "go eff yourself"....
Really..The next time I saw the guy I would tell him if he ever says another word to me about so much as the color of the sky he would not want to even speculate what will happen next.

You sure have a lot more patience than I do. I would have been on the phone with the FCC, long ago.

You sure have a lot more patience than I do. I would have been on the phone with the FCC, long ago.

He is harmless. He is not the HOA rep. I found out that it was a bit of a conspiracy. Him the HOA lane president and one other neighbor that has been here for a year turned me in. He admitted I was within my rights but added he didn't like it.

Great idea, until Joe Dirtbag moves in next door, and turns his yard into a junk yard. Then when you go to sell you are SOL. Been there, done that.

LOL! Like this?

S5033162.jpg

We don't have an HOA, but my weirdo neighbor who almost burned the neighborhood (seriously) down keeps eyeballing me. Just think, if he'd get off his ass and pitch in, I'd have them both back together by now! It has been a week, and the beds are almost ready to go back on.

I'm the president of my HOA and we are getting ready to foreclose on a home now. They are only behind on their $16 a MONTH dues to the tune of over $2000 BEFORE penalties. Without the ability to foreclose in a reasonable amount of time there is no fear of the HOA.

Foreclosing on a home because of $2000? That's a small claims court issue. What a bunch of pricks you are. Jesus H Christ.............:eek:

He is harmless. He is not the HOA rep. I found out that it was a bit of a conspiracy. Him the HOA lane president and one other neighbor that has been here for a year turned me in. He admitted I was within my rights but added he didn't like it.

try this..I was installing a sat system and the guy was chatting with me while I was on the roof..A neighbor stopped in front of the house and started giving my cust a ration about the HOA and how the dish had to be hidden from the street. My cust had already done his FCC homework. Pretty sharp guy. Now get this...looks the busy body straight in the eye and says "did you mistake me for someone who gives a sh*t?"
I almost fell off the roof because of the laughter..Best damn response to a jerk I had heard in forever...

I am having an issue with my HOA and was hoping the the posters on this forum that are involved with HOA's could help. My mothers DISH is larger than a standard dish but still under 1 meter and is mounted on a mast in the rear of her yard. It is slightly visible from the street. When the dish company originally came to install it, they didnt want to attach it to the home, they insisted on a pole and chose the location. It has been there since March of 06. My HOA ( I reside if FL) is saying that they have the right to choose the placement and to ban the pole. It is in the DRB rules. They want to make her move it and attach it to the home unless I can prove the following: 1- The standards for dish installations? 2-How short is a "short staff?" 3-How tall is the mast she has installed? How much heavier is her dish than the typical dish? 4-How did they conclude that it would be "unsafe" on the wall? 5- Is the wall concrete block? 6-Are there not fasteners available for the device to be set into concrete? 7- Have seen the installation instructions, or are we just relying on what she is telling us? To have the dish moved and mounted on the home it would cost about $100.00 for the company to come out and do it but it's not really about the money it's about the principle. Is what they are doing legal? Would those be considered unreasonable requests? I've read the FCC rules a million times and it states that satellite dish's on masts are covered. Do they have the right to ban masts? I really appreciate anyones assistance especially the posters who are on HOA boards. Thanks

I am having an issue with my HOA and was hoping the the posters on this forum that are involved with HOA's could help. My mothers DISH is larger than a standard dish but still under 1 meter and is mounted on a mast in the rear of her yard. It is slightly visible from the street. When the dish company originally came to install it, they didnt want to attach it to the home, they insisted on a pole and chose the location. It has been there since March of 06. My HOA ( I reside if FL) is saying that they have the right to choose the placement and to ban the pole. It is in the DRB rules. They want to make her move it and attach it to the home unless I can prove the following: 1- The standards for dish installations? 2-How short is a "short staff?" 3-How tall is the mast she has installed? How much heavier is her dish than the typical dish? 4-How did they conclude that it would be "unsafe" on the wall? 5- Is the wall concrete block? 6-Are there not fasteners available for the device to be set into concrete? 7- Have seen the installation instructions, or are we just relying on what she is telling us? To have the dish moved and mounted on the home it would cost about $100.00 for the company to come out and do it but it's not really about the money it's about the principle. Is what they are doing legal? Would those be considered unreasonable requests? I've read the FCC rules a million times and it states that satellite dish's on masts are covered. Do they have the right to ban masts? I really appreciate anyones assistance especially the posters who are on HOA boards. Thanks

The HOA probably isn't aware of the FCC rules. When I showed a copy to the HOA president him along with the rat neighbors that turned me in have left me alone. I had the advantage that my wife is an attorney and was willing to fight them but seeing they didn't have a leg to stand on I haven't been bothered since.
FCC Fact Sheet on Placement of Antennas

go to Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Home Page and print out the fact sheet on Dish placement..Send a copy to the president of the HOA registered(not certified) mail which guarntees recieptof the parcel. Enclose a polite note that if there is anyhting you casn help him/her understand about the rules feel frre to call or email..The HOA has no say in where the dish is placed . They can do NOTHING...They can cry , scream, hold their breath until they turn blue. They may even threaten legal action...They are powerless in the face of the federal govt on this one...Fear not..The HOA is just trying to push you around....

If there is even a remotely valid argument that the placement, type and mount of your dish either : 1. is necessary for or improves your reception, or 2. is more economical for you (not the HOA), or both, the HOA can do nothing. We go over this time and time again.

The reason for carefully documenting the giving of the valid FCC information to your HOA is to document completely their absolute bad faith if they continue to press you or take legal action despite contrary federal law. An HOA continuing to press on in a circumstance like that is the stuff legal disasters (for the HOA) are made of, giving rise to awards of your attorneys fees and punitive damages. They can't just argue they were stupid, you would be proving they were also mean and vindictive, AND stupid.

The best solution is for you to have good TV reception at a low cost and no legal proceedings, but, for goodness sake, do your homework, tell the HOA and the stand your ground. They are wrong. You are right. Go for it. Good luck.

If there is even a remotely valid argument that the placement, type and mount of your dish either : 1. is necessary for or improves your reception, or 2. is more economical for you (not the HOA), or both, the HOA can do nothing. We go over this time and time again.

The reason for carefully documenting the giving of the valid FCC information to your HOA is to document completely their absolute bad faith if they continue to press you or take legal action despite contrary federal law. An HOA continuing to press on in a circumstance like that is the stuff legal disasters (for the HOA) are made of, giving rise to awards of your attorneys fees and punitive damages. They can't just argue they were stupid, you would be proving they were also mean and vindictive, AND stupid.

The best solution is for you to have good TV reception at a low cost and no legal proceedings, but, for goodness sake, do your homework, tell the HOA and the stand your ground. They are wrong. You are right. Go for it. Good luck.
Ditto....Well stated!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)