Hopper/External HD issues

Contacted DISH tech support and they sent a signal to my receiver but no luck. They are going to do more research on my problem.

Update: Last night when I went to My Account at dish.com I noticed that they had not transferred the EHD over when they put the Hopper on the account in place of the 922. I used Chat Support this evening to have them turn it back on in My Account. After they did this it still did not show the recordings. But, the agent suggested that I reboot so I did a hard reboot and when the machine came back up the programming from the 922 was visible on the Hopper. All is well.

To recap, there were two required steps.

1. Make sure Dish has your EHD turned on in your account.
2. After it has been turned on, Reboot the Hopper.

Thanks,

Dale

My issue is that after a Hopper reboot, my EHD is not available, I have to unplug it and plug it back it for it to show up. Anyone else seeing this?

Folders on Ext Hard Drive?

Is anyone able to use folders on your external hard drive? I can create them but when I go into edit and select the folder I created it looks like it tries to do it but then never goes into the folder. If I go back into the movie to edit it's back saying 'no folder'.

Thanks
Jay

EHD not recognized

Hey guys!

We received word that some EHDs are not being recognized by the Hopper, and wanted to let everyone know that this is a known issue with the receiver, and it will be corrected in the next software update

any word on correcting that the hopper not letting you play movies off the EHD from channels you no longer subscribe to?

it's checking channel subscritpion status prior to moive playing

I transferred many programs to ehd before Hopper install, they show up in folders where required. Might not answer your ? But there is a Folder menu where you can choose options.
Dan

Problem with Exterior Hard Drive

Coming from a VIP 622 and trying to use the exterior hard drive I used with that unit.

Plug the unit into the hopper, and nothing happens.
Unplug it....and it comes up on the screen that "I have disconnected a multimedia device"

I read on here where dish needs to "flash" the hopper for it to work, but talked with a dish advanced
tech and he said that was not so, that is "should just work" but the old recordings would not work.

I thought for sure I read different on this forum somewhere....

What is the secret to get this to work....it must see the unit, but it isn't try to re-format it or
anything..... I did see it earlier on the "recordings transfer" icon, but when I clicked on it there
were no recordings shown.

Thanks,

Lee

Maybe someone here will figure it out.... I'm thinking it might have something to do with the version of USB that my older
hard drive is using?? Could that be possible?

Maybe someone here will figure it out.... I'm thinking it might have something to do with the version of USB that my older
hard drive is using?? Could that be possible?

Nope, that's not the problem. My drive is a Calvary 500 GB, and it is a USB 2.0, and so is the cord.

When I reset the hopper, it does recognize the drive, but says there are no recordings.

At " my dish" the new receivers say they are not authorized for EHD, but the dish tech said that didn't matter.... I am beginning to think otherwise. Does anyone else here with a hopper that is working with an EHD have a my dish account where they can confirm this?

thanks in advance

Lee

Coming from a VIP 622 and trying to use the exterior hard drive I used with that unit.

Plug the unit into the hopper, and nothing happens.
Unplug it....and it comes up on the screen that "I have disconnected a multimedia device"

I read on here where dish needs to "flash" the hopper for it to work, but talked with a dish advanced
tech and he said that was not so, that is "should just work" but the old recordings would not work.

I thought for sure I read different on this forum somewhere....

What is the secret to get this to work....it must see the unit, but it isn't try to re-format it or
anything..... I did see it earlier on the "recordings transfer" icon, but when I clicked on it there
were no recordings shown.

Thanks,

Lee

I had the exact problem. After a day it finally showed my EHD but it shows no recordings. The first time I connected it was to my Hopper in the basement and it worked fine. When I moved it to my living room Hopper I had the issue you are talking about. I have yet to try hooking it back up to the Hopper in the basement.

I had the same problem, Dish needs to send a re-hit to your box so that it will pick up the home key that will enable it to work. After having my receiver re-hit and doing a power reset my external drive has worked perfectly and all the shows that are on it are able to be viewed.

I had the same problem, Dish needs to send a re-hit to your box so that it will pick up the home key that will enable it to work. After having my receiver re-hit and doing a power reset my external drive has worked perfectly and all the shows that are on it are able to be viewed.

I had the same problem, on 2 Hoppers, and the re-hit worked for both.

Well, I finally got thru to an "honest" tech support person who told me that they have another
"known issue" with the software on the hoppers that was causing this problem. They said the "hit" works
with some hard drives, and doesn't with others...it was kind of hit and miss.

They said they hoped to resolve this issue with the next software release.

Just wondering why they can't be honest up front with the issues. Keeping people
in the dark isn't really a good policy imo.

I had the same problem, on 2 Hoppers, and the re-hit worked for both.

Trust me, these Dish CSRs are all knowing geniuses compared to the FiOS CSRs I've talked with the last few days.

Nope, that's not the problem. My drive is a Calvary 500 GB, and it is a USB 2.0, and so is the cord.

When I reset the hopper, it does recognize the drive, but says there are no recordings.

At " my dish" the new receivers say they are not authorized for EHD, but the dish tech said that didn't matter.... I am beginning to think otherwise. Does anyone else here with a hopper that is working with an EHD have a my dish account where they can confirm this?

thanks in advance

Lee

"MY Dish" shows EHD not connected, but it is and works just fine.

Hopper/External HD issue

Backed up shows to 2 external hard drives, when hooked up to my hoppper it states the HD needs to be reformatted, chatted tech then advanced tech and was told they would send a hit but more than likely I would have to reformat the HD and loose all my shows. Anyway around this as I already lost shows due to a dead 722k hard drive.

Can someone answer this, hopper says 1 HD needs to be reformatted, the other HD is recognize, can I hook my HD's up to my computer and move everything from the bad HD to the good HD?

No, a computer won't recognize the content, you would have to reformat first, defeating what you want to do. Are both hard drives coming from a VIP receiver, not a 211K? If both are from a VIP722, or 612 etc.... even though one is being recognized, I would have Dish reauthorize your account just to rule that out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)