Hopper S208/S209 Software Release Notes

MattG pointed out in another thread that s211/s263 should be rolling out over the next few weeks.... see details here:

https://support.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=940

Hopper version: S211
Included: 4th row PTAT Landing Page fix, DISH Pass timer creation fix, display correct EHD usage in My Media, Misc. stability fixes, Misc.

Joey version: S263
Included: 4th row PTAT Landing Page fix, DISH Pass timer creation fix, display correct EHD usage in My Media, Misc. stability fixes, Misc.

I got S211/S263 on at least one of my hoppers last night around 130am CT.
Me too. Nothing obvious but, I noticed a new feature prior to update...to me anyway.

In my area Comcast Sports runs the local teams broadcast. On the guide since Hopper there been a Reset, to collapse or expand the Comcast channels in the guide. Now new to me is a button which is activated by the Blue button that does it also, just noticed it yesterday. Then a gain maybe it was that change in medication...
:rolleyes:

Problem with S263 on my joey. I have a channel list of my preferred channels. I just noticed that one of my local channels, channel 7 from Los Angeles, cannot be saved to the list. I edit the list, add the channel and it won't save! Any way around this???

Me too. Nothing obvious but, I noticed a new feature prior to update...to me anyway.

In my area Comcast Sports runs the local teams broadcast. On the guide since Hopper there been a Reset, to collapse or expand the Comcast channels in the guide. Now new to me is a button which is activated by the Blue button that does it also, just noticed it yesterday. Then a gain maybe it was that change in medication...
:rolleyes:

That's been that way since at least S207.

Thanks! That worked. Also received S211 this AM. So I'm at S211/S263

FYI if you haven't already discovered this or read the news, S211 released today adds a hopper commercial-skip feature to prime-time anytime. It automatically skips the commercials without even fast forwarding. My wife loves it. Although it doesn't seem to apply until 1AM the next day.

DISH Introduces Commercial-Free TV With "Auto Hop"

I doubt this will be added to any other channels or recordings since they most likely have a deal with ABC/CBS/FOX/NBC for recording PTAT and getting more people to watch them. Plus it's a great marketing tool.

Still checking to see if the timer limit issue has been fixed..

FYI if you haven't already discovered this or read the news, S211 released today adds a hopper commercial-skip feature to prime-time anytime. It automatically skips the commercials without even fast forwarding. My wife loves it. Although it doesn't seem to apply until 1AM the next day.

DISH Introduces Commercial-Free TV With "Auto Hop"

I doubt this will be added to any other channels or recordings since they most likely have a deal with ABC/CBS/FOX/NBC for recording PTAT and getting more people to watch them. Plus it's a great marketing tool.

Still checking to see if the timer limit issue has been fixed..

Is Auto-Hop automatic, or does it need to be enabled?

2 software updates & still can only set up 40 timers, not the 96 I was promised when I paid for this thing.

Problem with S263 on my joey. I have a channel list of my preferred channels. I just noticed that one of my local channels, channel 7 from Los Angeles, cannot be saved to the list. I edit the list, add the channel and it won't save! Any way around this???

Bobiii, does your channel 7 in LA happen to be the FOX channel?. I have the same problem with channel 28 (FOX) in Columbus, OH. Ii will not save to my favorite's list on the Hopper or the Joeys. I have to go to the "All Channels" list to manually record that station. I have had the problem with all versions of the software (S207, S209 and now S211) on the Hopper and my Joeys.

Bobiii, does your channel 7 in LA happen to be the FOX channel?. I have the same problem with channel 28 (FOX) in Columbus, OH. Ii will not save to my favorite's list on the Hopper or the Joeys. I have to go to the "All Channels" list to manually record that station. I have had the problem with all versions of the software (S207, S209 and now S211) on the Hopper and my Joeys.

No, it's ABC in Los Angeles. By redoing the list, my problem was solved. (had to use a different empty list and then removed the original(erased))

My FOX channel in San Antonio (ch. 29) is saved in lists on both the Hopper and a Joey. I'm on S211/263. Never tried it with earlier versions, but it's working fine now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts