Hopper S208/S209 Software Release Notes

209 on both Hoppers as of yesterday AM. I had 3 Seek timers which were victims of the update, all normal DVR timers survived.

I tried re-entering the 3 Seek timers but I'm not convinced they're working yet (one of them definitely had matches before the upgrade but didn't after I re-entered it).
My S&R timers disappeared with the S209 update also. I tried to reload them from the remote. The restore reported success but the S&R timers did not restore.

S209 has a new bug when creating a new S&R timer: A conflict resolution screen appears but lists no conflicts. You must press Save (red button). Then you are taken to the Viewing Status screen. When you return to the Timers screen, the newly created timer does not appear. You need to exit then go back in.

My S&R timers disappeared with the S209 update also. I tried to reload them from the remote. The restore reported success but the S&R timers did not restore.

S209 has a new bug when creating a new S&R timer: A conflict resolution screen appears but lists no conflicts. You must press Save (red button). Then you are taken to the Viewing Status screen. When you return to the Timers screen, the newly created timer does not appear. You need to exit then go back in.
I'm seeing the same. I also wonder WHY the S&R timers were deleted with NO NOTICE? NOT GOOD.

I'm seeing the same. I also wonder WHY the S&R timers were deleted with NO NOTICE? NOT GOOD.

If indeed the S209 wiped out the S&R timers, this is a big thing. It would deserve its own thread and a direct confirmation and apology from DISH, not just the DIRT people, but someone higher up. But for now, there seem to be only a few reports. If will be interesting if it is a universal thing, we should see the board light up soon.

Just a guess, but possibly the S&R timer data changed. That's really no excuse. MS Word would be obsolete in one revision if they didn't load a document from an older version.

The greater evil is not telling anyone. Dish even created release notes for S208/209 and didn't mention this.

I also agree this should be split to a new thread ASAP to provide greater visibility.

Lot of combinations out in the wild right now....

s207/s259
s208/s260
s209/s259 or s260 or s261
s210/s262

The conflict resolution screen bug has been there with non-S&R related timers since 2.07, so that might be a larger bug that just happened to show up for you.

I have 2 hoppers one of them has 209 update and the other is still 207 but all my joeys are s259 and I have 1303 error on the two that connect to the hopper with 209 any one else have this problem? also these two joeys cannot hop to the hopper with 207 I had to unplug 209 to hop.

xxtrag3dyxx said:
I have 2 hoppers one of them has 209 update and the other is still 207 but all my joeys are s259 and I have 1303 error on the two that connect to the hopper with 209 any one else have this problem? also these two joeys cannot hop to the hopper with 207 I had to unplug 209 to hop.

I got 209 on my hopper today, which is great except for the deleted S&R timers (already mentioned here). I'm glad others caught that, because I wouldn't have noticed until my shows that are on hiatus came back and weren't being recorded! Also, I tried to watch a little tv on a joey before bed, but it wouldn't connect to the hopper :( Not sure what software the Joey has, but I'm crossing my fingers this will resolve itself tomorrow!

As I mentioned at the time, S&R timers disappeared when I got 208. I mentioned it here and also reported that restoring from the remote did not work. I was hoping that addressing this was one of the bug fixes that resulted in them pushing 209 to everyone rather than 208. Sorry to hear that this is not the case everyone.

Just got S209. Sure is roomy with the 1000GB DVR space now. Can't believe they ever limited it to 500GB. They really should give us 1500GB but I suppose this is a happy medium. I won't be using the other half very often, perhaps I'll use the IPVOD more now since it (hopefully) doesn't eat into the DVR space like it did on my 722Ks.

I'm gonna miss that weird "quick clicks" thingamajigger. Although it was useless it was kinda perty.

EDIT: Oh, and the Joeys are also now on S261.

Last edited:
Checked mine this morning. Everything is on s209/s261. Kind of sounding like the mass rollout happened.

I rebooted the Hopper which was on S207 and after it rebooted and was in standby when it grabbed and applied the update.

Both my Hoppers updated to S210 this time only one of the three Seek & record timers I had reentered disappeared.
I really hope they get this fixed so I don't have to keep entering my timers every time there is an update

Exactly the same here - I had three Seek & Record entries and one vanished in the update to 210.

Both of my Joeys are on 262 even though they're linked to the Hopper that's on 209, so it doesn't look like 262 is necessarily paired with 210 (unless the 210 Hopper still pushed the 262 to the Joeys since they're all on the same network)

I also had a brief panic attack when I turned on the 210 Hopper and "My Recordings" was empty, but it loaded the contents of the internal drive once the EXTERNAL drive finished waking up from sleep mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)