Hopper S208/S209 Software Release Notes

they're really waiting on this one before it rolls out to everyone. Wonder if there are some problems.
Not all that long yet, it's only been around for three days. If I were them I'd probaby track it at least a week or so before going wide.

I not only have a Dish Sling Adapter hooked to my Hopper but I also have a Slingbox Pro HD hooked to it so that I can fully control it, see the menus guide etc.

I actually prefer watching it via the stand alone Slingbox then I can watch it on anything without using the horrible Dishonline website. Plus the pq is a lot better to. :)

Here's a bug that I found:

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Sorry for the blurry pictures...but you can see the bug. Since all 3 of those timers PTAT started before the 4th, (ie. programs that started before but ended during the PT block) they are shown in the Tuner switching menu while the 4th network, which started its PT schedule later, was omitted. The tuners are still recording, so this is just a simple display error.

Last edited:
How can I tell if S208 (or any future upgrades for that matter) has been download to my Hopper? Is there some screen in settings/system info where that information is available?

Interesting. They must have found some bugs in S208 and decided to fix them before rolling out the new version to everyone. That would explain why the S208 update has not been pushed to everyone yet.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If 208 was a limited rollout and 209 was quickly pushed like this, you can be certain it is limited to the same, if not lower, number of receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)