Hopper w/ Sling will not take software updates.

sierra_bret

Original poster
Oct 10, 2007
Sonora, Ca
Apparently this is an issues today with Hopper /w Slings failing to take software updates past 7.21. I have had techs stuck on two jobs and the receivers just keep freezing say refreshing and or rebooting. Typically you simple do a front panel power down the the receiver will begin the update however it will start the update but then randomly reboot or just sit on downloading the update for over an hour. Called Dish and corporate was not aware of the issue but CSR's at Dash said multiple techs have called in with the same issues. NO solution yet!

Anyone else dealing with this?

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Apparently this is an issues today with Hopper /w Slings failing to take software updates past 7.21. I have had techs stuck on two jobs and the receivers just keep freezing say refreshing and or rebooting. Typically you simple do a front panel power down the the receiver will begin the update however it will start the update but then randomly reboot or just sit on downloading the update for over an hour. Called Dish and corporate was not aware of the issue but CSR's at Dash said multiple techs have called in with the same issues. NO solution yet!

Anyone else dealing with this?
What's the latest update on Hopper/Sling? Mine is 725 dated 12/20/19

IS this on new connects or existing installs?

If existing, just make sure no joeys are powered on and the guide is not updating nor are there any recordings. You MAY need to run a check switch, but use the update software tool in Diagnostics.

For New Connects, this is what I do at home when I pre-update Hoppers.

Boot up, pair remote, Check Switch runs, goes to the activation screen.
Leave it there. After a few minutes, it goes to Summary Screen.
You have to do a red button reboot and it will boot back up to the Summary screen.
Scroll down to activate receiver.
Do Skip Back - Recall - Skip Back.
Hit HOme 2 times to get to Diagnostics screen, then to Tools then Update Software.

Sometimes, it will say it has the newest software version.
If that happens, run a check switch, after, back out and it will go to acquiring signal and then live TV or straight to live TV/
Power off, then back on, Hit Next and Keep with the remote, it goes to the Activation Screen and repeat from Above; Leave it there til Summary Screen, etc.

I KNOW it's a pain, but this is what works

This was for a new connect and a customer upgrade. Looks like Dish released 7.25 software with new bootstrap 1516 replacing bootstrap 1515 and this downloaded after nearly two hours and has worked.

Customers are up and running, fingers crossed.

Thank for the suggestions.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
This was for a new connect and a customer upgrade. Looks like Dish released 7.25 software with new bootstrap 1516 replacing bootstrap 1515 and this downloaded after nearly two hours and has worked.

Customers are up and running, fingers crossed.

Thank for the suggestions.
Why are you guys doing updates at the customer's house @Install?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts