Hopper With Sling Software Version S328

Mine goes away on its own too, but then it comes back. It SEEMS to relate to having a lot of events, but I've not attempted to determine what the critical number is.

For Reference: Help - What's New:

DISH has added new features to your Hopper.

1) On Demand is new and improved! Our updated On Demand section provides you better access to the shows and movies you want to watch. Simply press the On Demand button on your remote control.
2) Looking for something? Find your favorite titles, actors and sporting events quickly and easily with our newly enhanced Search feature. Press the Search button on your remote control to get started.
3) The DISH Explorer app now works with your Joey! Discover new shows with recommendations based on real-time TV viewing and social media trends; access Twitter, GetGlue and Facebook to participate in social conversations related to live-TV programs; and turn your iPad into a remote control. Visit Mobile Quick Start in the Main Menu to learn more.

OTA Transfer to EHD Problem

OK, this problem is weird.

My two HWS's have been updated with S328.

Since the update, both of them have exhibited a problem transferring OTA recordings from the Hoppers to the EHDs. The transfer on both stalls with about 1 minute remaining and hangs. The Hoppers don't respond to the STOP command on the "USB Device Transfer Progress 848" display.

I can transfer satellite recordings from the Hoppers to the EHDs without a problem. The Hoppers playback previously transferred OTA and satellite programs from the EHDs without a problem.

I've removed/restored power and replaced the EHDs on both Hoppers with the same result.

Anyone else have this problem?

How about the optical audio output dropping audio problem? Neither of my HWS have gotten the update yet.

If this update does not fix my Optical Input problem, I will purchase the HDMI to Optical convertor box. I will then try and get some kind of reimbursement for it.

Have they fixed the problem where if you have a lot of recordings scheduled in a 7-day period, the last day on the schedule shows up as a duplicate of the penultimate day, and if you scroll down to it you crash back to live TV?

I have this problem as well. Sure wish they would fix it, it's really annoying when scrolling to see what my upcoming recordings are.

Got the latest update today(11/22). When I went to the DVR menu for Daily Schedule I noticed the scroll bar was close to the bottom. I could scroll up and see what I recorded back to 11/02. I remember that history of recordings from my 622 but really could care less. What I did see was scrolling back one instance was the next show I was scheduled to record. Scrolling forward all the shows for the 8 or 9 days was there. Not a big deal but WTF. Also as an aside I use a Harmony One. When I turn off an activity such as Watch TV, the remote would turn off the TV and the Hopper. Now the Hopper turns off and on ....

Tile size and picture size

When I adjusted the picture size reducing overscan, all the menus were reduced too.
I needed to reduce the overscan so I could see the whole picture but
I want the tiles to be able to fill the screen. The smaller tiles have the name outside--better maybe.
It was good that I could adjust (Yellow+Format TV+Screen Adjust) the screen to exactly match the menus.
My DLP does not have a scan size adjust other than moving the main lens, which I will not do.
This means I either have a black border from multiple shrinks or picture overscan if "normal".
It's like it is on partial zoom both ways. Not good.
-Ken

Got HWS S328. Noticed in the System Info screen that 'Available Joey Software' now shows two versions: S357 S450.

As of now the Joey seems to have S357 loaded. Is there more then one hardware version of the Joey now?

Hate the new recording list icons, its ugly IMO. In particular the recording count is done very tackily now.

I am kind of underwhelmed by the new release. I preferred when all the on demand channels were in alphabetical order. Or else you should be able to input a channel code and go to a on-demand channel directly. Didn't TCM used to have an on demand channel? It's gone now.

Does anyone have trouble with they locals channels at all? I think it was with the original Hopper the local channels go black with no picture or sound and you have to a reset to get the channels back this happen I think over a year ago until they fixed it with a new software update. It has happen in the last few days I got the new software on Nov. 20th S328. It's the OTA channels with a adapter just to be clear on everything.

Chris

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

All the icons on my EHD disappeared after I got the update yesterday. I haven't checked to see if they came back overnight yet.

On the other hand, the EHD seemed less sluggish than it used to be.

I sure miss the little blue S when you save a PTAT recording. Just don't understand when a nice thing gets eliminated. Must be a good reason why, I guess!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts