Hopper With Sling Software Version S330

See post #3.
Hey guys, I was referring to the mention that one of his hoppers went back to 316 software and suggested that he check for the S in the PTAT icons of saved programs to confirm that it really went back to 316.
I'm sorry you guys are so confused sometimes..........

This message sent from my old IBM keyboard

?????? Quoted wrong post chief.

I was referring to your mention that one of yours went back to S316 which sounds like a tongue in cheek remark so I asked if you could check the PTAT icons to see if the S was there on any saved programs to confirm it had actually returned to S316.
Sorry if this left so many people here confused.

I was referring to your mention that one of yours went back to S316 which sounds like a tongue in cheek remark so I asked if you could check the PTAT icons to see if the S was there on any saved programs to confirm it had actually returned to S316.
Sorry if this left so many people here confused.

Gotcha. :)

There was a software release last night to address certain Hopper issues. There is another software release for next week, I believe around Wednesday, which should include the OTA transfer fix. Thanks.

Pushing this one out faster than usual, I gather. Probably the same for next Wednesday.

There was a software release last night to address certain Hopper issues. There is another software release for next week, I believe around Wednesday, which should include the OTA transfer fix. Thanks.

Ray...thanks for the update. Could you politely ask them to let us have the "protected" icons back in one of these releases, too? Pretty please? :wave

Both of mine are S328 still...for now. Hopefully the EHD problem is solved for me wheneger I get S330 since I have a few recordings that are getting hung up on S328.

I just hope this early update doesn't screw up my Optical Audio Output problem which was corrected with S328.Been a Happy Camper with the fix, DISH DON'T SCREW ME UP AGAIN!

Updates Coming

I'm on the DBSTalk Forum and just received a PM from one of the Dish engineers today (Mon. the 16th):

"We began release of S330 to the first 100K on Friday at 12:00am and another roll out tonight at midnight, we have 2 more releases coming in the near future to address all of the issues. Hope it works much better for you."

So it looks like S330 is still rolling out with more to come tonight. But not sure what "all' means in her reply when it comes to resolving all of the issues nor what their definition of "near future" means. But it was still nice of her to give me an update and let us know they are actively trying to address the problems and our needs.

S330 arrives. I had no recordings set for midnight, so I shut off my Hopper before time with EHDs out.
Just after midnight that it started the download and took 26 minutes. Then the "memory is now being programmed."
After 5 minutes is says "Hopper with Sling Starting up..." and on we go to check it out. Fsck is from yesterday, yet.
Normal nightly is 1:28. Broadband showed yellow but in the Network setup it is OK, so a fluke?
First transfer test on a show that multiple times hung at 5 or 2 seconds in No Folders mode. Bones slowed and stopped. FAILURE.
Try another that many times at 4 or 5 sec. Criminal Minds slowed and error occurred at 4 sec. FAILURE.
Again with How I Met Your Mother before at 2 sec, now at 1 sec. FAILURE.
The only improvement was that it didn't "hang" in the transfer screen--you can continue to try.
Sending 5 newer Bones (of smaller size but repeats also) ~11 minutes, getting updates about every 6 sec.
(Expect it may error before all go as it seems to check total size available and not for sufficient of contiguous block transfer. Need defrag.)
SUCCESS. Going back to failed one--still a FAILURE.

-Ken

Update: On a block transfer of one show's episodes it still stalls out and stop still doesn't help. We need a break-the-transfer or reset button for cases like this. Oh, how I hate to reboot. Stuck at 41min left.
-Ken

Last edited:
I'm on the DBSTalk Forum and just received a PM from one of the Dish engineers today (Mon. the 16th):

"We began release of S330 to the first 100K on Friday at 12:00am and another roll out tonight at midnight, we have 2 more releases coming in the near future to address all of the issues. Hope it works much better for you."

So it looks like S330 is still rolling out with more to come tonight. But not sure what "all' means in her reply when it comes to resolving all of the issues nor what their definition of "near future" means. But it was still nice of her to give me an update and let us know they are actively trying to address the problems and our needs.

Thanks Tron2012, good news.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts