Hopper with Sling Software version S335

I got the s335 late last night and the joey also updated. I saw the notice screen twice, once early this morning when I first turned it on and later again as well after I rebooted it. For me, the same apps which have never worked still do not work, after a chat with dish today online they stated it's a "known issue" which is what I was told last week after the installation. The reboot I mentioned was done during them troubleshooting the apps issue with me. I never received S334 it went straight from 330 to 335.

Not once but twice.... getting S335...:confused: Yesterday when I turned on the TV there was the notice about a firmware upgrade. I received S335. Today the same thing! At first I though what the hell S336? Nope S335. Anyone else seen this bizarre behavior? Doing a menu-menu showed that the timestamp next to the firmware level was the same as yesterday. If it happens again I'll reboot my HWS to see if that fixes.

You got my notice, since I never received such notice on either HWS.

On my reorganization effort--still on A and numbers. Accumulated 130 shows. However, 12 titles are now missing and are not on their common source disk. Well one was from another disk. I just saw some of these specific titles. The most likely scenario seems that they died in the transfer awhile back. Dozens more did get there from that disk, so I don't see where the problem was.

Almost all of the stuck (hung with less than 6 seconds to go) shows are now transferred. I had to pick at them several times. I keep a spreadsheet of the names, dates, etc. Again, they do not want to transfer out if they recently came in. But by picking and choosing in a different order and trying again one can get most. I'm down to 1 that will not go out after it came into the internal. Back to sweeping other drives for A after some rest. This was swept from 4 drives.

Transferring more than one at a time to EHD is a problem making a lot more work and not just for the stuck ones.
-Ken

They still haven't fixed the OTA yet still have the black screen on the local channels I have the 335 S now I was hoping it was at least this problem but not yet!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have no problems with my locals thru my ota dongle. I receive all the ota channels that i found when I did my first scan and this is on both my HWS's. Must be something in your set up. Have you tried to do a rescan?

I complained about when in the info screen and pressing Select to get out of it a recording would start. That's the way it used to work. But now I found out by accident that pressing the Info button again, it will take you back. I guess this is better but having a hard time getting used to it.

Both HWS received 335 yesterday and all was fine. This morning I get up and I'm having breakfast in Family Room and decide to check what was recorded last night and nothing, everything is gone, recorded shows and all timers. So I then checked the HWS in the bedroom and everything there is fine. The HWS that lost everything was about 77% full and now it's 1%. Ouch, can't wait to tell the wife all her shows are gone. I've tried the red button reset and I've unplugged it twice now and no luck. It looks like the whole system was reformatted last night after I went to bed. I just checked and it use to have PTAT enabled and now PTAT is not enabled. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Just tried to record a show and it recorded just fine.

I have a bad HWS that I've patiently been moving recordings from onto a new EHD. It's been very slow, as many were failing with 330. So last night I let it stay connected to the dish and it went to 335. But I'm having trouble with the last half dozen. - they fail with "an error occurred while transferring... These are OTA recordings of The Following and one DISH locals of Revolution. Of course have done multiple resets, both hard and soft. Any ideas or just give up and find them online?

Wound up that 6 (The Following) of these 7 "fails" were actually the same problem that had cropped up for a while several weeks ago. If I try to play, would just go to a black screen than a "Recording Over." These must have been during that time. The Revolution was actually a "Dancing With the Stars" for some reason. But I could care less.

Finally, old HWS going back to them.

I complained about when in the info screen and pressing Select to get out of it a recording would start. That's the way it used to work. But now I found out by accident that pressing the Info button again, it will take you back. I guess this is better but having a hard time getting used to it.

To me, it's not a problem. I never used the select button to get out of Info. I've always used the Cancel button.

This release, I'm sorry to say, is another disaster. Try flipping around and then press info. It will describe some other program. Same if you do info on DVR listings. If need be, I will go into detail. Plus, la Rafle recorded without audio, but that may have been 334 or possibly 330. Nothing else recorded that day is silent.

REGRESSION TESTING!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

This release, I'm sorry to say, is another disaster. Try flipping around and then press info. It will describe some other program. Same if you do info on DVR listings. If need be, I will go into detail. Plus, la Rafle recorded without audio, but that may have been 334 or possibly 330. Nothing else recorded that day is silent.

REGRESSION TESTING!

Seems to me they are doing plenty of regression testing...with as much regression as they have been able to accomplish in each of the recent "updates". :tsk:

We should start taking bets on which feature we like the most that will be removed and/or stop working once S336/S425 comes out.

REGRESSION TESTING!

Last night I was doing something going between some recorded programs, and I swore when I hit info, I was seeing info for the wrong program ! Now I know I'm not crazy :)

REGRESSION TESTING!

Which Dvr events have wrong info?

Which Dvr events have wrong info?

I might have some time tomorrow or more likely, over the weekend to include Monday, to define specific key presses for some of it. But frankly, go to rentals, flip thru a few, watch a bit, return to DVR, and bad info appears. Mostly from some rental items. Then move to other programs, more bad info. Gotta go to bed. If you wish, over the next few days I will define specific key press events, but it isn't hard to reproduce. I AGAIN rebooted. This fixed the problem with skip fwd and back messed up, and the indications of how far (which had disappeared) with the amt fwd and back NOT being displayed, and the skips being "odd." I was watching Project Runway Under the Gunn. Started while still a bit to record. Just wonky. After it stopped recording, but while still early in watching, I did a RBR. Fixed the skips, at least. Then resumed the play, and it worked fine.

Keep in mind, I had dropped BB@H online, THEN selected a few titles to record (8) and went on my merry way. All 8 recorded before the "kill" kicked in. Do you want the 8 titles? One recorded video but not audio (at least as far as I checked- several minutes).

I prefer to part part of the solution, than part of the merely complaining part of the problem.

I just opened my rentals, watched 20 minutes of an event then opened the my recordings folder and hit info on a bunch of my shows and the info all matches the event. I'm guessing I'm doing something different than you guys since you are all seeing bad info. Maybe someone could break down the steps to reproduce this Barney style for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)