How often will I lose service? (DirecTV)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
He is on family plan for $30 but called about something and D* was nice enough to offer $10 off for a year making it $20 for family. His contract runs out July next year and yeah I offered a month ago for him to send me the receiver, change the address so I can get a neighboring DMA (even in SD it may be nice) and I'll send him $20 a month to run out the contract. I know he hates Directv but wont pay the ETF on "principal" so I said I would ;) Then he wouldnt have to worry about Directv
But he'd rather complain instead....

Funny as when he got D* he was so excited to get some channels back that he lost and even was taught how to "move" (by me) to get Milwaukee locals. I guess something changed....

Obviously. :rolleyes: I wonder what he has to say.

He is on family plan for $30 but called about something and D* was nice enough to offer $10 off for a year making it $20 for family. His contract runs out July next year and yeah I offered a month ago for him to send me the receiver, change the address so I can get a neighboring DMA (even in SD it may be nice) and I'll send him $20 a month to run out the contract. I know he hates Directv but wont pay the ETF on "principal" so I said I would ;) Then he wouldnt have to worry about Directv
But he'd rather complain instead....

Funny as when he got D* he was so excited to get some channels back that he lost and even was taught how to "move" (by me) to get Milwaukee locals. I guess something changed....

I only get the $20 deal for 6 months. Sending you the receiver would be in violation of TOS. The contract is in my name and attached to my credit rating. So I won't jeopardize that.

I have not had the Milwaukee locals(except with tropo) for 6 months since Direct gave me crap when I had the access card problem on the D-11 and got the first D-12 with the bad video.

What has changed?? I'm tired of the poor quality picture and the extended rain outs, and we have been getting hammered with storms this summer. I bought the service figuring it would hold up like Hits did when on ku in the rain, It don't. Direct ain't been turned on for close to 2 days now. I'm enjoying the Coolsat's real HD quality on the masters that Direct sells to you guys with your HD lite packs. Too bad most don't have a bud and a DVB S2 8PSK receiver. Theres some real eye candy going on right now for free :D

I only get the $20 deal for 6 months. Sending you the receiver would be in violation of TOS. The contract is in my name and attached to my credit rating. So I won't jeopardize that.
oh so you dont trust me......what do you think I would do? Take the receiver and never pay? Gee lets see. You'd have my name and address so it wouldnt be that hard to find me :rolleyes:
Hell I've shipped you stuff previously and my N&A have been on the package.

I have not had the Milwaukee locals(except with tropo) for 6 months since Direct gave me crap when I had the access card problem on the D-11 and got the first D-12 with the bad video.
you could have "moved" back. Thats what I did with a bad reciever. Moved back to the house, got new reciever, and "moved" back

But I guess you'd rather bitch...oh well

What has changed?? I'm tired of the poor quality picture and the extended rain outs, and we have been getting hammered with storms this summer. I bought the service figuring it would hold up like Hits did when on ku in the rain, It don't. Direct ain't been turned on for close to 2 days now. I'm enjoying the Coolsat's real HD quality on the masters that Direct sells to you guys with your HD lite packs. Too bad most don't have a bud and a DVB S2 8PSK receiver. Theres some real eye candy going on right now for free :D

What masters? All the masters of the major networks are encrypted. Yes it may be ITC 1 day a YEAR. Just get cable and there will be no contracts or rain fade. If you used an actual properly tuned and setup D* Dish you would barely have any problems. I know a lot of people that love their D* service. You just like to bi***, don't you? :rolleyes:

I love me my DIrectv service :)

Yeah I use to spend Saturday's scanning the skies with my FTA system looking for that elusive "big game" I want to see...only to never find it, have no signal if I knew where to look or worse a broken up signal. Thats one of the reasons I got Directv. I guess a "crappy HD picture" as you put it is better than a "scrambled HD master" or worse...a fibred connection

The other reason is all the channels I get on D* that I cant get on the 1DTV

I love me my DIrectv service :)

Yeah I use to spend Saturday's scanning the skies with my FTA system looking for that elusive "big game" I want to see...only to never find it, have no signal if I knew where to look or worse a broken up signal. Thats one of the reasons I got Directv. I guess a "crappy HD picture" as you put it is better than a "scrambled HD master" or worse...a fibred connection

The other reason is all the channels I get on D* that I cant get on the 1DTV

That's the thing. You could spend all day looking for it and never find it on FTA or find the channel dropped because the network doesn't feel like catering to the teeny number of SD only 4DTV subscribers. With DBS you know it will be there. Except when there is a dispute.

All you guys want to do is keep this going round and round. Gawd go watch the big game on Direct or something. I'm going to watch my HD master feeds ITC and enjoy while its open for 3 months.

All you guys want to do is keep this going round and round. Gawd go watch the big game on Direct or something. I'm going to watch my HD master feeds ITC and enjoy while its open for 3 months.

Yeah, the HDmasters are pretty addictive. You may even find yourself opting for a pizza HD service in the future. Even though they go light on the toppings.:D

Yeah, the HDmasters are pretty addictive. You may even find yourself opting for a pizza HD service in the future. Even though they go light on the toppings.:D

Thats ok no lite here. I like my pizza with cheese and sausage while I watch the HD broadcast masters on the bud.:hungry:

Free's always good. And with a couple grainy SD channels from skyhigh price vision. You'll be set!

Actually I spend about $8.00 a month on H2H. The picture quality is far superior to Direct & Dishes SD offerings plus no viewing called on account of rain. :)

tvropro said:
Actually I spend about $8.00 a month on H2H. The picture quality is far superior to Direct & Dishes SD offerings plus no viewing called on account of rain. :)

People really watch sd on a HDTV often???

using sd as a way to win an argument is really reaching!! LOL

isaacmorseMI said:
You're the one that keeps bi***ing. :rolleyes: PQ is not everything when it comes to TV.

I've read this whole thread now, wow that was hard work!

Of all the comments, the quoted one above is bang on the money, it's also about cash!

Yes, I enjoy H2H and yes I also have a pizza (DN) supplement.

I do think H2H SD is better than pizza SD.

I have a budget for my TV, it is still a luxury in this household and I appreciate the non-contract deal with H2H.

Finally, yes, in heavy rains, my pizza goes out, and my H2H keeps on trucking, it's not fiction, it's a fact.

On a final note, rain fade is not a whim, XFinity Cable are using rain fade in their latest advertising campaign (on satellite).

Make up your own mind guys, make an informed decision, don't be brain washed by corporations, use that grey matter!

I have a budget for my TV, it is still a luxury in this household and I appreciate the non-contract deal with H2H.

Finally, yes, in heavy rains, my pizza goes out, and my H2H keeps on trucking, it's not fiction, it's a fact.

On a final note, rain fade is not a whim, XFinity Cable are using rain fade in their latest advertising campaign (on satellite).

:)

I've read this whole thread now, wow that was hard work!

Of all the comments, the quoted one above is bang on the money, it's also about cash!

Yes, I enjoy H2H and yes I also have a pizza (DN) supplement.

Make up your own mind guys, make an informed decision, don't be brain washed by corporations, use that grey matter!

Yep, it's all about money and unfortunately nowdays pizza wins for what you get.:D But, i agree the MTV mini pak for eight dollars a month aint bad. But, VH1 classic is the only channel i would watch.

Yep, it's all about money and unfortunately nowdays pizza wins for what you get.:D But, i agree the MTV mini pak for eight dollars a month aint bad. But, VH1 classic is the only channel i would watch.

Maybe I'm old fashioned and maybe something will change in the future (probably won't be me!) but the other day my H2H sub expired, no biggie, I let it coast for a few days and waited until I was ready (and had the cash) to renew it - for me, this is something I hold on to. I know it's not the way of the world today, business practice is to setup recurring contracts for seemingly small amounts of money and tie the subscriber in for 2 years at the outset.

I'm technically able and don't rely on support from my providers - I think this is a big factor for others. If you pay for TV you want it to work, you don't want to be hanging off the roof adjusting the dish (stereotype!).

Please don't misunderstand my ramblings, I know there are ways (courtesy of the folks here) to get special deals with Dish & Direct and to avoid certain fees etc. I guess I just don't see why I should jump through even small hoops to give my money to a TV company - for me, there are more important things.

Trying to get back on topic, the way I would approach this would be to ask my neighbours who have a small dish what their experience has been.

I said it earlier, my signal goes out during heavy rain, but how do I describe heavy rain!? You won't find me outside adjusting the dish that's for sure!!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)