HR 24 receiver and 2 tv's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

magoo304

Original poster
Jul 8, 2016
east, TN.
I have an HR 24 receiver hooked to the main TV by HDMI. I then ran A/V cables into an RF modulator and coaxial out to second TV.

All works good until I turn the main TV off. The receiver is still on but I lose the signal to the second tv. As soon as I turn the main TV back on I get signal to the second TV also.

Why would turning JUST the HDMI connected TV off break the signal to the second TV, when the receiver is still on?

Check the hdmi control setting under video, make sure it's off. And make sure when you turn the main rooms TV off your not turning the box off too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I responded to the OP in the other forum where he posted, and here's my response::

It,s the HDCP copy protection protocol. When you switch the HDMI-connected TV "off" (actually to standby) the HDMI connection fails the copy-protection compliance test and so the receiver switches off all outputs.

Many people have reported success getting round this with a POWERED 2-way HDMI splitter (from Monoprice seems to work). Connect the HDMI-connected TV to one of the splitter outputs, leave the other one empty. When theTV switches off, the splitter maintains the HDCP compliance.

Many people have reported success getting round this with a POWERED 2-way HDMI splitter (from Monoprice seems to work). Connect the HDMI-connected TV to one of the splitter outputs, leave the other one empty. When theTV switches off, the splitter maintains the HDCP compliance.

I am one of those....I have the lates 4K splitter from Monoprice..

On the advice of texasbrit
We ordered this splitter.
Blackbird™ 4K 1x2 HDMI® Splitter with 4K Upscaling.
HDCP Compliant.
IT WORKS.........
we can now watch tv in the bedroom with the main tv off. YEAH.....

recently ran into that issue helping my buddy at a bar. they had Dish, switched to Direct. one H25 had just one tv, dandy. one H25 had an HDMI and Component connection, well being a bar he'll never have just one on anyway, cool. another H25 with 3 tv's on an HDMI 1x3 splitter, which worked fine while we were there. last H25 was again connected to the same style HDMI 1x3 splitter, with two LG tv's of varying ages. initially had issues with both displays flickering, swapped HDMI cable from H25 to splitter with a new one and we thought we were good to go. when the receiver got activated, it came up with the HDCP message right away. i thought to myself "well lets go through the song and dace of setting it up anyway" so i unchecked resolutions till only 1080i was left, turned off native, and turned off HDMI control. went back to live TV and immediately went to another receiver to set that one up. came back and there was live tv. not sure if it just took a minute for the H25 to pick up the connection to the splitter or what, but it worked fine as we walked out the door. just sayin

ANYWAY, back to OP (assuming he ever checked back in) there is a 2nd way around this nonsense: a component cable, and 2 RCA splitters. connect RCA splitters to the red and white audio connections, then you can have both component to TV for 1080(i) and composite for the RF converter.

If you have multiple TVs on an HDMI splitter, you need to set native to "off" otherwise the DirecTv receiver will probably have problems with the handshaking.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)