HR20's recalled/delayed shipment? (NO recall!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here is the lastest from BeachAudio.com - home of the we LIE to our customers...::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dear Beach Audio customer,

It is with regret that we must cancel your current order for the DirecTV HR-20. Our supplier has informed us today that we will not be receiving this unit in the time frame we were originally promised. We want to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Because we value your business and we strive for the best possible service, it is our pleasure to offer you a $20 credit on your next order from Beach Audio.

To receive your credit:
1) Please call us at 877-804-0495 to place your order
2) Inform the customer service representative of your previous order number and your email address
3) You will immediately be credited $20 or the entire amount of your order (whichever is less)

This offer is valid until 12/31/06. There is no minimum order. Limit one credit per customer.

Again, we appreciate your business and look forward to serving your electronics needs in the future.

Regards,
David Schloss
Beach Audio
www.beachaudio.com
877.804.0495 (orders)

At 7:42am, I was opening my HR20 from Value Electronics. This unit shipped out of Minneapolis yesterday. Either someone forgot to tell Minneapolis about the recall or someone at beachaudio made a mistake..

I just checked and will have my second box coming form VE on Friday as well. As I am impatient and did not have DTV HD, I did buy one on Sunday in order to enjoy NFL ST in HD. I paid a premium at Best Buy, as there prices do not compare to that of Value Electronics. I bought a Logitech/Harmony 880 in the past from VE, and I was impressed with their customer service and pricing.

It may be a good thing that I did buy an HR20 and H20 sooner, as it has been a nightmare getting the 5 LNB installed. I have been rescheduled three times in over 2 weeks, and hopefully today will be the day. As I have a 2 LNB dish, I missed out on some of the NFL ST games.

BTW, thus far I am very happy with the HR20. I am a long Tivo fan, and early adopter, but I really like the speed and feature set of the HR20.

Hopefully I will get to experience HD today. If you are not doing the install yourself, you may want to call to schedule install as they are backed up, and it will take them at least a week to come out. Just a thought. . .

I got my AT9 dish installed in April knowing this day would come. I thought it best to get the dish first and the receivers second. I also went through 3 cancels and one guy who didnt want to do it. Its problably better now but AT9's throw some installers. The guy that did do it was incredible. Signal strength is great and I've had no issues. In fact the strength is better on the 3 LNBs for my HD Tivos.

fluffybear said:
At 7:42am, I was opening my HR20 from Value Electronics. This unit shipped out of Minneapolis yesterday. Either someone forgot to tell Minneapolis about the recall or someone at beachaudio made a mistake..

Wow I live in Minnesota I get mine Friday out of New York I guess your order was before mine LOL.:up

upnorth said:
Wow I live in Minnesota I get mine Friday out of New York I guess your order was before mine LOL.:up

Must have been UPS dragging on mine since the tracking number was issued at 10:51 AM. Its made it to my house in a day in the past but it looks like they didnt get it to the Syracuse distribution center to 8:23 PM and didnt make the overnight run to Hartford. Arrrgh, I hate waiting.

I should have done that, but I guess since I have Comcast currently for my HD, the thought never crossed my mind. I did all the running around because of the HR20's and the start of the NFL season.

I hope these guys know what they are doing, as I have heard many horror stories in the area, and seen pics of dishes installed with tie downs in my area. I usually hang outside with the installer and watch them, so I hope I don't get a bad install. I always keep some cash on hand to give them a little incentive.

The installer stopped by to check on how much work was needed and said he would be back in an hour. I was concerned when I had to pint out that a new multi-switch would be needed for the new dish.

joedekock said:
This is exactly why I get all my D* products from Value Electronics. They have the best customer support in any business!

Thanks Robert!

I have personally dealt with Robert at Value Electronics, Claude at Dishstore, and Jamal at Sadoun. They are three of the most upstanding guys I've ever dealt with.

Our sponsors are limited for a reason, you can have faith when you order from one of our sponsors.

Stopped in my local Best Buy today (Levittown NY) they had 3 HR20-700S' on the shelf - and the price is $299. Definitely STILL readily available. BTW, mine is working FINE.

charper1 said:
I just wish we could find out the motive behind the Beach email saying such things.

Their parents didn't pay enough attention to them as children????

That's why you should order from one of our sponsors.

LOL, the Kobe remark. "They didn't get enough hugs!" While I will likely do that, I am awaiting a "mandatory upgrade" or the 2nd - 3rd generation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts