HR44 and RC71 are Awful

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Press & hold the mute and enter buttons at the same time until a message comes on screen that says "programming RF Remote" (or something like that) then press okay.

Last edited:
I upgraded from the HR22 to HR44, there’s a world of difference between speed, recording capability and stability. I had a Dish 622 for years and don’t see any difference in speed and stability to the HR44, they are both very good receivers. No experience with the Hopper, but from what I hear it records only 3 shows at the time unless you use primetime; I like the idea of recording 5 shows at any time.

I'm one week in with my 44/41 combo coming from Dish and a 722.

I've turned on the 41 a couple times and no response until I hit red button on the 44. Other than that I've had zero problems.

As for the remote; I'm still learning it (I currently miss a stop button) and learning how to work the DVR. I do find the buttons a little small, specifically the jump button as it's really close to the fast forward.

I am currently using both Dish W/ for international and local programming and DirecTV w/ HR 34 for domestic and sports. Switching from Dish for most viewing was difficult. I kept the locals because Autohop is better than sliced bread.

The HR 34 is very slow and buttons do need to be pressed multiple times on occasion. I have gotten used to it however, and once you learn that you can record everything without any conflicts or watch on demand you never have to deal with the guide again.

DirecTV is a great service, so Dish. They are just great at different things.

HR44 seems great to me so far, menu movements are fast and I like the rf remote. Took some time getting used to the new remote design, but the speed of the HR44 is very nice.

Mini genie is a little laggy though, but so was my Joey.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)