HTL-HD software upgrade

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satman69

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2004
I have had this box for three days now and still no software upgrade. Does anyone know how long it takes to get this?

People on this board are probably tired of hearing these complaints because I've asked this a couple of times. I've had it over a week and nothing. I've emailed D* and will wait for a response to see what they see. I can just as easily call up but don't feel like it. But if I don't like the response to the email I will call up and request the firmware. I don't understand, on my Tivo, as soon as I got it I got the newest firmware. This is taking forever. And the HTL-HD firmware is more important because it actually fixes audio dropouts.

Obeythelaw,

Can you let me know when you finally do receive the upgrade? I will let you know if I get it as well.

Thanks

Damn Fellas .. I would call D* and bitch .. this should be automatic!!! Perhaps the need to "hit" your box again. You could call and do the automated system and tell them you're getting the 721 error, that would make them ping the box. Not sure exactly what they call this when they do this. you may way to e-mail or PM "directvrep" heck I'd like to know!

Do a system reset and give it 24 hours. If its just a HD or standard receiver unplug it for 15-20 sec and then plug it back in. If its a TiVo then use the menus and 'Reset Recorder'.

The upgrade should download the next time its scheduled, which is generally ~2am. If the TV is on you'll get the option to get the upgrade later, otherwise next time you sit down to watch TV it will generally let you know that it happened.

If the above doesn't work, there's probably not a whole lot DTV can do.

Finally found a helpful CSR. You people that received the 2.0 upgrade are LUCKY. They are not sending it anymore. They are working on a permanent fix and until that time were not planning on sending 2.0 anymore.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirecTivo Question

DTV OTA Channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)