I am ticked at Directv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greybeard

Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
for charging for SF on top of ST. Is there anything from preventing me from going online and treating HBO, which I currently have, as a pay per view, ie; adding HBO online when I see a movie that I would like to see and then canceling HBO after the movie? That works out to 40 cents per movie. Has anyone tried this?

for charging for SF on top of ST. Is there anything from preventing me from going online and treating HBO, which I currently have, as a pay per view, ie; adding HBO online when I see a movie that I would like to see and then canceling HBO after the movie? That works out to 40 cents per movie. Has anyone tried this?

Several years ago, people were able to do that.
You can STILL do that, but you will be charged whatever the monthly charge is for the premium service, weather you keep it on or not.

As for the ST and SF issue .... They have been charging for the SF package since after the first year of the NFL in HD.
Sometimes you can get it discounted, sometimes not.
I have had NO luck this year ... although earlier in the year they told me that I would get the SF this year.

Jimbo

The NFL games in HD used to be free with Sunday Ticket. Starting in 2005 DirecTV has charged extra for the games in HD, although I've never had to pay for it... :)

Super Fan is one of the easiest packages to get for free. It shouldn't be this way but just call Directv, ask for retention group, and politely ask for Super Fan. If they wont budge, try mentioning canceling Sunday Ticket or even Directv all together. Should'nt have to get this way but you just want the HD games and was told you didnt need SF for them.

Super Fan is one of the easiest packages to get for free. It shouldn't be this way but just call Directv, ask for retention group, and politely ask for Super Fan. If they wont budge, try mentioning canceling Sunday Ticket or even Directv all together. Should'nt have to get this way but you just want the HD games and was told you didnt need SF for them.

Thats exactly what I did, and it took me like 5 minutes to get it for free...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)