I just ordered a DSR-500 :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
We ordered 2 yesterday evening..

What impressed me for this price is the AC-3 audio.. If you only used it for the audio section you'd get your money worth.. Say nothing about the Blindscan..

Has anyone found the manual on line..

Later, Brent

Heh... this is such an explosive deal, the manual even proves it!

6-3. Mortor Setup (DiSEqC 1.2)

;)

Also, is that the correct manual for the model we're getting? It shows it to have USB capability...

I called this morning about 9:15 Central and just left a message.

They called back about 11:00, and I gave them all the details and CC #. It is on it's way. No wait, no hassle, they called back and I ordered. :D

I don't need another receiver, but couldn't pass up the price. It looks like a nice receiver.

Just called ..............................
All gone..............

You snooze you lose, that really is a great deal $37 shipped , now I'd like to hear from forum members on the unit itself , if it turns out to be real sweet I'll probably be kicking myself for not reading this thread earlier.

I wish I could do a full review on it, but as I'm currently Parabola Impaired (the politically correct FTA term ;) ) I will have to leave it to someone else. I do promise to drool over it, though, and maybe beat up my neighbor so I can steal his pizza dish to listen to audio and watch NASA...
:D

I wish I could do a full review on it, but as I'm currently Parabola Impaired (the politically correct FTA term ;) ) I will have to leave it to someone else. I do promise to drool over it, though, and maybe beat up my neighbor so I can steal his pizza dish to listen to audio and watch NASA...
:D

Anyone have a spare pizza to send Charred? I'll dig around the attic and see what I can find.

Ok guys, I got a Satpros DSR 500 receiver which I paid about $90 several months ago.
It took me awhile to really get a hang of this receiver. The Tech Support sucks big time. Don't waste your time on them. The website doen't encourage much either. After many trials and errors I got to understand and programed it and enjoyed it.
The DSR has a great picture. It doesn't have smart scan like Pansat 2700a or Traxis 3500 receivers. If I remember correctly, just type in the TPs and scan for the channels. It does not have a S-Video output on it as it was advertised. It is well built with a nice silver body and easy to see display. Good menu and channel guide. You can adjust volume on EACH channel and it will store its memory on them.
I used the SG2100 HH arm on it with good results, using the DiSEQC 1.2. I also had great results using the Invacom .3 Universal LNB and a 1 meter Primestar dish.
It has a AC3 audio output on it. I have not used that feature. The universal remote work fine.
Now I use the DSR 500 to set up for other FTA systems. I would never get rid of this baby...
For the price you all are paying, it can be a good deal.
Take your time learning the DSR 500. BE PATIENCE WITH IT!
If there is anyway I can help you guys, let me know and I will do what I can. Guys like Iceberg will figure out this receiver and may have a blast with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
... The Tech Support sucks big time.
... It doesn't smart scan like Pansat 2700a or Traxis 3500 receiver.
... I used the SG2100 ... on it with good results, using the DiSEQC 1.2.
Never located the manufacturer's web site.
... though, I did find a lot of firmware upgrade support... which means it must be popular in some circles. :rolleyes:
I think we will be our own tech support.
And for the price, that's fine by me.

I found section 9-3 Manual TP Scan in the manual on page 28.
It wasn't encouraging.
I didn't find any reference to blind nor smart scan - only in the advertizing.
Again, if it doesn't really do blind scan, I won't be too upset....for the price.

Glad to know the STAB mode works fine.
That'll matter a lot to most of us.

The AC3 out is nice
The lack of Svideo or Component Video outputs just dates the unit a bit.
Again, for the price, it's a hell of an entry level or secondary receiver.
If there is anyway I can help you guys, let me know and I will do what I can.
We thank you for your kind offer.

Last edited:
Believe me Anole, it will be great to toy with. I do need a newer firmware for this receiver. I need to have it updated with current satellites. Do you remember the sites the firmware are located? You got to be careful since some of these "firmwares" are really illegal hacked software. One time I downloaded one of the illegal softwares and boy, did it do a number on the DSR! I had to master reset it and find the factory firmware to straighten out the mess!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK everyone, We have made a mistake. The Satpros DSR-500s does not have Power Scan (Blind Scan). We had been incorrectly told that it had blind scan then I did not properly test the unit to confirm.

We have shipped all of the receivers today and we will offer full money back to anyone who wishes not to purchase the unit. We will recall the FedEx package and instantly refund all charges to your Credit Card or PayPal.

My most humble apology to everyone in the Group. We will make this mistake right by all who wish a refund on the receiver!

I do need a newer firmware for this receiver.
I need to have it updated with current satellites.
Do you remember the sites the firmware are located?
Naw, never found mfgr's web site.
Just plenty of hack firmware, one as recently released as this week.
I don't know how long the unit's been available, but it would be nice to get the last official mfgr's firmware and post a link to it.

And as for SatAV's comment above, I've said my piece: for the price, it's fine.

OK everyone, We have made a mistake. The Satpros DSR-500s does not have Power Scan (Blind Scan). We had been incorrectly told that it had blind scan then I did not properly test the unit to confirm.

We have shipped all of the receivers today and we will offer full money back to anyone who wishes not to purchase the unit. We will recall the FedEx package and instantly refund all charges to your Credit Card or PayPal.

My most humble apology to everyone in the Group. We will make this mistake right by all who wish a refund on the receiver!

No problem Brian, I feel that for 27 bucks I can enter some Tp's!
But thanks for letting us know, especially us newbies that would be pulling our hair out trying to get it to blindscan....:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

148W - Success at last!

Help! I got a Twinhan and DVBDream!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)