Status
Please reply by conversation.

stef

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2017
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hi All,

Can someone identify this dish and lnbf? I'm going to pick it up in a few weeks.

Thanks,

Steph

Attachments

• dish_back.JPG
    dish_back.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 245
  • dish_front.JPG
    dish_front.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 255
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 6.27.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 6.27.46 PM.png
    321.6 KB · Views: 267
Hi All,

Can someone identify this dish and lnbf? I'm going to pick it up in a few weeks.

Thanks,

Steph

If the flanges that attach the elevation bar to the dish are welded off center, it's likely a Perfect 10. It sure looks like one, but I can't tell whether or not the flanges are off center looking at the picture. They used a stick on label that had Perfect 10 written on it to stick in the center of the dish. May not be able to read it after all these years. If it is, those were great dishes. I used to be distributor for them.

Thanks. It indeed looks like a Perfect 10 mount. Once in my garage, I'll try to remove all the rust and add a few coat of paint on it.

The feedhorn looks like a Chaparral Polarotor... I assume I'd need to get an ASC1 to control it? I don't know what's the actual C/KU LNBs...

The only bummer thing in all this is that for years I was looking at internet/local classified ads for BUDs. Then, last month i said screw it and ordered a Tek2000 8ft. And *now* I find these! I'll be bringing home two... a 7.5' and 10'. I'll fix up mounts and replace my 8' next year with the 10' ... and will keep both the 8ft and 7.5ft in storage as backup. :) Might install one of them at my buddies cottage up north... living in the greater Montreal area, it isn't like I have a big yard. :) A 10 footer dish, my shed and my kids playset takes up lots of back yard. There's just enough lawn left to run and kick the soccer ball around with the kids. Fun stuff...

Reactions: KE4EST
The only bummer thing in all this is that for years I was looking at internet/local classified ads for BUDs. Then, last month i said screw it and ordered a Tek2000 8ft. And *now* I find these! I'll be bringing home two... a 7.5' and 10'. I'll fix up mounts and replace my 8' next year with the 10' ... and will keep both the 8ft and 7.5ft in storage as backup. :) Might install one of them at my buddies cottage up north... living in the greater Montreal area, it isn't like I have a big yard. :) A 10 footer dish, my shed and my kids playset takes up lots of back yard. There's just enough lawn left to run and kick the soccer ball around with the kids. Fun stuff...

I elected not to motorize my dishes. Now, I have 5 locked onto different satellites. I'm willing to bet Galaxy 19 screams in on your 8 footer. I'm running a 71/2 foot Unimesh and it had a 90/85 signal level on this satellite. My wife is wondering how many dishes are enough. :) Are there ever enough? So far, she's never answered that question. You'll like that Perfect 10. It's one of the best dishes we ever sold.

Yours looks like its in really good condition. BTW, the LNB looks like a Gardner, but it's difficult to tell looking at the picture. They had some of those streamlined LNB's. We used several of them and had no problems with them. Nice find.

Hi All,

So I went to get the 10ft dish this morning. The dish seems in good condition except for the rusty mount. Only 1 screw broke off... There was a few spots where the mesh was coming out (the screw wasn't holding it anymore), so he gave me an extra panel for spare mesh triangles. The guy used to install dishes way back so he had lots of parts.

I didn't bother with the feedhorn and LNB since I'll use my C1PLL for the time being and eventually might get a Chaparral Dual Feed feedhorn with 2 Norsat LNBs along with a powered switch.

The Von Weise actuator's tube is quite rusty but it turns freely but it feels dirty inside. I'll rebuild it over the winter and hopefully it'll become smooth again. I didn't try the motor yet...

I'll also need to get some new nuts and bolts to replace the old ones and build a new pole for this 4.5" mount...

stef

Attachments

• IMG_3231.JPG
    IMG_3231.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_3232.JPG
    IMG_3232.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_3234.JPG
    IMG_3234.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_3233.JPG
    IMG_3233.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 149
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)