Inhd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Could it be that slim slipped back into town in the middle of the night? :rolleyes:

ats7627 said:
Could it be that slim slipped back into town in the middle of the night? :rolleyes:

I heard zilch and nada changed their minds. :p

My buddy here at work who has Time Warner is now furiously clicking through the Dish site to figure out the best deal for him. I gotta check and see what kind of refferal programs I can get in on!

INHD and INHD2 are among the most widely distributed HDTV networks on cable today. Available on Adelphia, Bright House, Cablevision, Comcast, Cox, and Time Warner cable systems, the channels are available to more than 47 million subscribers and are enjoyed by over 4 Million HI-DEF households. INHD and INHD2 are owned and operated by iN DEMAND Networks -- the company?s shareholders are Comcast iN DEMAND Holdings, Inc., Cox Communications Holdings, Inc., and Time Warner Entertainment - Advance/Newhouse Partnership.

doesn't IN Demand have other channels on dish network

Usually these companies have to weigh the benefits of providing an exclusive products vs maximizing profit for shareholders. It gets difficult to turn down revenue from competitors like E* and D*.

tiemyshew said:
INHD and INHD2 are among the most widely distributed HDTV networks on cable today. Available on Adelphia, Bright House, Cablevision, Comcast, Cox, and Time Warner cable systems, the channels are available to more than 47 million subscribers and are enjoyed by over 4 Million HI-DEF households. INHD and INHD2 are owned and operated by iN DEMAND Networks -- the company?s shareholders are Comcast iN DEMAND Holdings, Inc., Cox Communications Holdings, Inc., and Time Warner Entertainment - Advance/Newhouse Partnership.

doesn't IN Demand have other channels on dish network

It used to be the sports packs (EI Full Court Center Ice) are all distributed by IN Demand for the different leagues. Dunno if that is still the case.

August, 10, 2006

INHD2 Will Be 'Scaled Back'
Content Shifting to Larger Sister INHD

With cable operators adding newer channels such as ESPN2 HD, MHD and Food Network HD, one high-definition network is being booted to make room for the new offerings: INHD2.

An iN Demand Networks spokesperson confirmed the channel is being "scaled back," but will still be available on some systems.

Some Comcast customers in areas including Colorado, Washington and Illinois have been told the network's fate is more dire, however. They've received messages from the cable company saying the channel is slated to "go dark" or that its content is being combined with INHD.

On a programming level, iN Demand is indeed seemingly shifting INHD2 content over to the main channel. According the iN Demand Web site, INHD is supposed to have primarily a sports focus, including Major League Baseball, tennis and golf. INHD2 is promoted for its entertainment programming such as concerts, IMAX movies and "Twilight Zone" reruns. But INHD now offers concerts and IMAX movies, making the additional channel less relevant.

What makes the subscriber drain particularly unusual is that the networks are owned by cable operators. In Demand Networks is owned by Comcast, Time Warner, Cox and Advance/Newhouse, so the growth and success of the networks are directly beneficial to the companies.

INHD declined to comment further on its programming strategy or distribution challenges.

This article is part of TVWeek.com's High Definition newsletter, a weekly source of breaking HD news, articles and interviews written by Senior Reporter James Hibberd.

rickaren said:
August, 10, 2006

INHD2 Will Be 'Scaled Back'
Content Shifting to Larger Sister INHD

With cable operators adding newer channels such as ESPN2 HD, MHD and Food Network HD, one high-definition network is being booted to make room for the new offerings: INHD2.

Some Comcast customers in areas including Colorado, Washington and Illinois have been told the network's fate is more dire, however. They've received messages from the cable company saying the channel is slated to "go dark" or that its content is being combined with INHD.

What makes the subscriber drain particularly unusual is that the networks are owned by cable operators. In Demand Networks is owned by Comcast, Time Warner, Cox and Advance/Newhouse, so the growth and success of the networks are directly beneficial to the companies.

INHD declined to comment further on its programming strategy or distribution challenges.

With so many of the cable operators starved for broadband space, and so many of their customers clamoring for the 'real' channels (channels that people have actually heard of) it makes sense for them to take their two just okay 'in-house' channels and making one very good channel and free the other slot for one of those national channels people are hungry for.

I think people around here have said more than once that this should've been the approach E* should have taken with the Voom channels.

Mr.Pinkeye said:
I think people around here have said more than once that this should've been the approach E* should have taken with the Voom channels.

Well when you think about it, it is stupid that dish didnt do that. 15 channels of reruns and wasted channel space. They could have easliy crammed all the programming they have into 5 channels made them not HD-lite and then we wouldnt see the same programming day after day.

Jeff_R said:
Hockey and basketball broadcasts on InHD are actually from NBA-HD and OLN-HD. Those broadcasts are already available on E* without InHD. College Football is from CSTV primarily, and without it's own outlet is exclusive to InHD, MLB is the true exclusive to InHD. It is rebranded from the RSN that originates it, however is available to all subs.

This will be a nice addition to the lineup, but I personally don't feel that it's "must-have" TV. I'm much more content with HDNet and HDNet Movies than I was when having InHD1/2 on cable.
I don't see OLN-HD on the E* website or is it on the brochures.

Hockey and basketball broadcasts on InHD are actually from NBA-HD and OLN-HD. Those broadcasts are already available on E* without InHD.

Thought that is what they were saying.

Well yeah that's what they're saying... They are seperate feeds that dish can carry.

OLN-HD is not a running channel, it was just a name people gave the the HD feed OLN had for the NHL playoffs

and dish used to carry NBA-TV games but didn't last year.

I think they finally did show a couple playoff games

jgags6 said:
... They could have easliy crammed all the programming they have into 5 channels made them not HD-lite and then we wouldnt see the same programming day after day.
That's kind of how I feel about seeing the same HD-lite post day after day. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts