Inhd

Tom Bombadil said:
Really, HGTV is being broadcast in full 1920x1080???

More resolution than HDNMV???

I didn't know that.

If so, then it figures they would do it with a channel that I never watch. Where the full 1920 means next to nothing as compared to a movie or a nature channel.

Even as a dire opponent to HD-lite, I couldn't care less if a DIY show is downrezzed.

Tom-
As being obviously a big fan of complaining about HD-Lite, have you even watched HGHD? The picture has to be one the most amazing ones on TV. It's a great channel - showing classic homes, paint jobs - The Wondering Golfer ... it's a shame all you think is on there is DIY shows.

Yes, I am familiar with HGTV. My wife and daughter have watched the SD channel for years. IN THE OTHER ROOM!!! I wander in every once in a while and catch portions of shows. And they almost always watch it in our motel rooms when we travel.

I'm not telling them that it is now available on an HD channel!! And I'm not including it on any of my favorites list so they don't accidentally find it. In fact, now that I think about this, I should go into my menu and put a channel lock on it. And I should do the same when the FOOD channel finally shows up. Otherwise those channels will show up in the ALL HD guide.

I'm sure the picture is very good. But I don't find the content compelling.

I'm not a big fan of HGTV either, but an HD version puts a big PLUS in the WAF column, when us guys really just want an HDTV for sports.

Shame on you for depriving your wife and child the pleasure of the HD experience on the shows that THEY like!

Jokes on you though if you have the 622. It doesn't allow you to delete it from the HD list!!

Just giving you a hard time......:) :) :)

Could someone with technology check HDTV3's resolution...

Because if dish is enacting this new practice of making TPs that have 3 1080i channels on them downressed to 1440, one would think that channel would have to be 1440, since FDHD and INHD are also on the channel (but I think at last check there was no video feed for INHD)

kokomogator said:
Jokes on you though if you have the 622. It doesn't allow you to delete it from the HD list!!

Oh yes it does!!

Hit Menu
Hit 5 (Locks)
Hit 2 (Channel Locks)
Move to channel list and go down to 9461, check the box in front of it.
Hit Done
Hit 8 (Hide Locked)

9461 now fails to appear in any list, even the ALL CHANNELS guide.

And if you enter 9461 on your remote, it takes you to 9460.

HGHD is now dead to me!

FOOD HD is next on the hit list. Don't want these to accidentally appear on a guide when my wife sitting next to me.

INHD can stay if it ever appears.

I've used this process many times over the years to remove channels from the guide.

Kirby Baker said:
To properly answer this, those people with 8PSK equipment and TS Reader should be able to read the full specs of the stream I think. It wont allow them to see the picture, it will show as an encrypted stream, but they should have no problem seeing its resolution, audio type, and encoding type (mpeg 2, mpeg4, etc).

Incorrect. If the stream is encrypted you can not see the resolution. But we can see the flag on the type of video stream, mpeg2, mpeg4, etc.

Without doing any illegal activities, the only people that can see the resolutions are the people with modified receivers that allow them to record their subscribed channels they to a PC.

digiblur said:
Incorrect. If the stream is encrypted you can not see the resolution. But we can see the flag on the type of video stream, mpeg2, mpeg4, etc.

Without doing any illegal activities, the only people that can see the resolutions are the people with modified receivers that allow them to record their subscribed channels they to a PC.

Ok. I thought you could. I know with cable streams that I captured with my R5000, if it was encrypted, TSreader could give me specs on the stream, but no actual audio/video preview or playback. Figured it worked similarly on satellite.

Tom Bombadil said:
Oh yes it does!!

Hit Menu
Hit 5 (Locks)
Hit 2 (Channel Locks)
Move to channel list and go down to 9461, check the box in front of it.
Hit Done
Hit 8 (Hide Locked)

9461 now fails to appear in any list, even the ALL CHANNELS guide.

And if you enter 9461 on your remote, it takes you to 9460.

HGHD is now dead to me!

FOOD HD is next on the hit list. Don't want these to accidentally appear on a guide when my wife sitting next to me.

INHD can stay if it ever appears.

I've used this process many times over the years to remove channels from the guide.

You are totally shameless!! What's your wife's number? :D

Actually good info, now I can lock all those Voom channels I never watch and not have to browse then in the HD guide. Thanks

I understand that they are moving INHD tonight to its own transponder and are giving it full bitrate.

I also hear they are making other changes to 129 tonight at around 1am Mountain Time.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I understand that they are moving INHD tonight to its own transponder and are giving it full bitrate.

I also hear they are making other changes to 129 tonight at around 1am Mountain Time.

Is this on 61.5 as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts