Inhd

paychekkk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
What is the latest on INHD. Scott mentioned quite a while ago that a source of his from E* told him that they were working real hard on getting INHD and the RSN's. Its been a while. Anyone heard any news, Scott?
Thanx
Mikey

I noticed at Costco the other day, they had INHD on the screen as part of the Dish HD sample they show.

what costco show's is not a dish hd sample show

it's put together by cnet at last check

they have a bunch of stuff in that loop

Yes I was told at CEDIA as were many others that INHD was coming and was a priority.

I am still hearing we will see INHD.

Dish is rolling out a new national HD campaign this week, so I think something is close. (This is my own opinion of course) :)

Yes I was told at CEDIA as were many others that INHD was coming and was a priority.

Dish is rolling out a new national HD campaign this week, so I think something is close. (This is my own opinion of course) :)

But your opinion is 87% accurate - so I'll take those odds! :D

It could be that DISH wants to make a bigger impact with HD additions. I think that HD RSNs, INHD and maybe some new cities will all be announced at the same time. Adding one HD channel here and there hasn't given D* the HD knockout punch they had hoped for, but maybe a big multi HD announcement will help.

College basketball starts the first of November, if I was a betting man I'd bet things will happen before then. Or a Lightning Bolt might be directed at Charlie from Heaven ... Blue Heaven by Dean Smith. :)

Didn't I read here that the uplink to INHD was removed?
That would be a bad sign...
However, given Scott's post above - I guess there is still hope!

That's not always a bad sign. They could have gotten whatever settings they needed when they did the test and could put the uplink back in a matter of minutes really.
It's just a matter of sending the uplink.

College basketball starts the first of November, if I was a betting man I'd bet things will happen before then. Or a Lightning Bolt might be directed at Charlie from Heaven ... Blue Heaven by Dean Smith. :)

and NBA basketball starts on October 31. Maybe they are waiting for a specific high-profile event. Lots of basketball is covered on the RSNs, and InHD is generally the spot for the NBA-TV HD games. Maybe a nice little tie-in?

and NBA basketball starts on October 31. Maybe they are waiting for a specific high-profile event. Lots of basketball is covered on the RSNs, and InHD is generally the spot for the NBA-TV HD games. Maybe a nice little tie-in?

Let's hope!

While the TNT games were excellent more HD basketball is great. :hungry:

Got to disagree with that. Someone's already followed up on this and I was going to say the same thing. I don't know what's involved one bit in uplinking a channel, but I'm guessing they get it working and document the steps, settings, etc. Presuming these things don't change (too often), when the engineering group at Dish gets the word that InHD is a go, they pull out the notepad with what they need to do. I'm simplifying all of this, of course, but the general idea is the same.

Bit-starved NBA games on TNT were terrible anytime the camera panned or there was a close-up of any motion, which was frequent. I'm fearful that INHD wouldn't get any more bandwidth than TNT.

Bit-starved NBA games on TNT were terrible anytime the camera panned or there was a close-up of any motion, which was frequent. I'm fearful that INHD wouldn't get any more bandwidth than TNT.

Agreed, I saw a game the other day and was hoping that TNTHD would be better this season. Its not.

Thanx Scott, thats all I wanted to hear!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts