Inside Scoop.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is awesome news -- English channels on 97 West are usually a good thing, and some aimed at oldies TV could be even better!

Now...how's about a hint or two?? ;)

(BTW My guess: Hot TV, My unlikely: PBJ)

Spoke with a broadcaster today who is bringing one of the C-band oldies TV stations to G19 KU to target Glorystar and FTA viewers! Look for the station in the next month. We will pass on more information as the contracts are implemented and the launch date nears.

Brian,

We are at the end of the month, time for feeding.
Can you throw us another tidbit?

Understand that they are still negotiating a link budget to turn their C-band signal. Hopefully will have an announcement soon!

When I am not the one signing the satlink contract, I become only the messenger. :cool:

Sorry no further update, but aware that they are working on the deal. Intelsat is not their current uplinker, so they are working out the details of a more complex deal.

I'm a Scott Greczkowski impersonator, and I called Brian on the phone and got it out of him. But then he caught on and said he'd have to shoot me if I told youz guys. I choose to remain silent.

Will the channel(s) automatically get programmed into the receivers for those with the GeoSat Pro receivers that people order to get the Glorystar services? There seems to be some interest in everyone I talk to about more FTA channels that are not necessarily christian content but is family friendly. They would like to be able to receive it from one dish.

Also had someone I tuned in a signal for recently ask about the karaoke lyrics feature with the blue button as to when that would be available.

Well it looks like they are locked into a negotiation stalemate. Not looking good at the moment..... Hopefully we will be able to share some great news sooner that later.

Any channel that is added to the GloryStar line-up is automatically programmed into the GEOSATpro DSR100/200 and DVR1100 receivers channel list if the automatic update feature is set to the default ON.

SatAV where are you?

You have us on several cliff hangers.
A new FTA box.
"Something is coming soon, something wonderful"
Almost a quote from 2001 Space Odyssey.

Give us some juice;)

I believe last update was the channel was waiting for some final contracts before he could say more...

I know Brian, and he WILL say something when he CAN say something. :D

Hot TV appears to have backed off on carrying their station on Galaxy19, KU band..... :(

The GEOSATpro microHD preproduction hardware approval units arrived last Friday and are in final QC review. We expect this process to take several weeks and the product to be available in December. The FCC Part 15 approval and the ETL certification processes have been completed along with Dolby and HDMI licensing.

GEOSATpro has a history of delivering unique, developed and well implemented products. The microHD STB follows in this rich product heritage. Menu features expected by the hobbyists are integrated and regular firmware updates will be available via manual or automatic satellite OTA-SSU and web delivered firmware files. Our custom designed PCB with external 12vdc power provides 500mA current to control motors, switches and multiple LNBFs and is housed in the smallest case of any S2 receiver on the market (5"wide x 4" deep x 1" tall). The price will be aggressively competitive yet feature US based firmware development and a team of representatives providing excellent customer service and product support.

We will release more detailed information once the microHD is built and in transit........

Thanks for asking! :cool:

The GEOSATpro microHD preproduction hardware approval units arrived last Friday and are in final QC review. We expect this process to take several weeks and the product to be available in December. The FCC Part 15 approval and the ETL certification processes have been completed along with Dolby and HDMI licensing.

GEOSATpro has a history of delivering unique, developed and well implemented products. The microHD STB follows in this rich product heritage. Menu features expected by the hobbyists are integrated and regular firmware updates will be available via manual or automatic satellite OTA-SSU and web delivered firmware files. Our custom designed PCB with external 12vdc power provides 500mA current to control motors, switches and multiple LNBFs and is housed in the smallest case of any S2 receiver on the market (5"wide x 4" deep x 1" tall). The price will be aggressively competitive yet feature US based firmware development and a team of representatives providing excellent customer service and product support.
:popcornOhh! I like what I am hearing!! :whoo:

Hot TV appears to have backed off on carrying their station on Galaxy19, KU band..... :(
bummer....

We will release more detailed information once the microHD is built and in transit........

Thanks for asking! :cool:

sounds good :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.