Installing 7.5 bud

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Dl76,you and I are in almost identical circumstances.We both are going from 7.5 dishes to 10 foot Channel Masters. :) Except mine is a buttonhook rather than the quad mount .The weather up here is delaying finishing mine.(High temp tomorrow of 23 degrees,WINDS... NORTHWEST 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 50 MPH) I think hibernating bears have the right idea.

My dish had a decal saying that it was sold as part of a Radio Shack package BITD.I haven't found a model number anywhere yet,have you? Someone previously replaced the pivot bolts on mine.I don't believe the factory would have part of a bushing turning on threads. :eeek I bought a new bolt that isn't threaded down as far...but can't find a bushing anywhere local.I miss the old hardware stores!

Be sure and post your measurements for the FD and FL.I'm curious as to whether ours are the same except for the buttonhook/quad difference.

I bought a new bolt that isn't threaded down as far...but can't find a bushing anywhere local.I miss the old hardware stores!

Just an idea if you have an auto parts store nearby, you might look at the clutch pilot bushings or alternator or generator bushings. Another place might be a store like Tractor Supply (or equivalent) in the tractor/equipment parts.

Reactions: dl76
My dish had a decal saying that it was sold as part of a Radio Shack package BITD.I haven't found a model number anywhere yet,have you?

No decal, but it had a channel master logo on feed horn cover. I also have a 10 foot channel master button hook.

Is there that many channels to watch to make it worth while instaling one of those big dishes?
Wild feeds you can scan in. I wouldnt go out and spend alot of money on a bud dish. But its up to you. I think most of us do it for a hobby.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Armadillo i set the focal depth on Titanium lnb at 40 on this 10 foot. On most satellites and transponders im getting 80 percent or above.

Is there that many channels to watch to make it worth while instaling one of those big dishes?

Most of what I watch are channels that are subchannels broadcast to TV stations.
Then usually picked up as local channels with an antenna.
I like the classic TV shows and now I can watch just about all the channels from all over the US.
Also there is a bunch of different PBS stations, more of a variety than you can pick up locally.
The quality is usually better because it is first generation, you get it before it is rebroadcast an compressed etc...

Reactions: dl76
Armadillo i set the focal depth on Titanium lnb at 40 on this 10 foot. On most satellites and transponders im getting 80 percent or above.

Original lnb FD was 40 on mine when I got it as well.It may warm up enough after the snowstorm next week to reassemble mine and get the measurements/calculations.Hopefully install as well.

I've started a spreadsheet of the Sats, Channels, SQ, etc that I'm getting on this 7.5 dish.Not every channel,more of a generalization with notes on specific channels.Then I plan to compare results using the 10 ft'er and a new actuator.It should give a fairly accurate assessment between the two.

Original lnb FD was 40 on mine when I got it as well.It may warm up enough after the snowstorm next week to reassemble mine and get the measurements/calculations.Hopefully install as well.

I've started a spreadsheet of the Sats, Channels, SQ, etc that I'm getting on this 7.5 dish.Not every channel,more of a generalization with notes on specific channels.Then I plan to compare results using the 10 ft'er and a new actuator.It should give a fairly accurate assessment between the two.
Cool . We have had highs in the 30's and 60's in same week. Plenty of rain also here in South Carolina, crazy weather we having. Thats pretty cool on keeping the stats on 10 and 7.5 foot. I know i will enjoy reading it. They say a well tuned in 7.5 will work just as good as a 10 foot. But i guess where you live , decides on your signal.

Most of what I watch are channels that are subchannels broadcast to TV stations.
Then usually picked up as local channels with an antenna.
I like the classic TV shows and now I can watch just about all the channels from all over the US.
Also there is a bunch of different PBS stations, more of a variety than you can pick up locally.
The quality is usually better because it is first generation, you get it before it is rebroadcast an compressed etc...

You can see just about all the local channels in us without an aerial?

I would be interested in that.

Just an update.

I purchased the titanium C1-PLL and installed it this past Monday. I did notice about a 8 to 10 percent signal increase over the lite version. Also purchased the Amiko Premium L104 ku lnb .Thanks for the fast shipping Brian. Going to try to add ku on the side of the C1-PLL with some brackets i purchased also from hypermegasat. Hope yall have a great weekend.

Just a small update. 10 foot is running great with the linkbox 8000 i won from iboston and the titanium lnb. I actually did not use any mathmatical stuff to align dish. I did read over alot of the links that was posted. I just did a trial and error and got it tracking the arc great. 90 percent signal from 139 west to 40.5 west. Thanks guys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)