Installing dish anywhere but roof..

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Final update on this.

So the install was scheduled for today. The guy came out (actually arrived nearly an hour early) and said he wasn't sure where he could put the dish. After a bunch of walking around we determined that it was basically impossible to install it on the actual building (there's a ton of trees in the LOS) and instead we had to install it on a barn that was on the property and have to hang a line between the buildings. This wasn't even considering the issues we had getting wires into the actual building, since we don't have a lot of walls in our apartment (it was originally an office, not a residential.) We agreed to try that and the guy said his supervisor would get back to me. During that time I had a little soul searching and looked into how much getting cable would cost. After figuring out that Cable vs D* was about the same a month, and out of respect for my father's building and property, I decided to jump back to cable and cancel D* after this billing month, assuming no problems with the cable.

All things being equal I would definitely keep D*, but seeing as it's my dad's building and he was only tolerating the IDEA of a dish because I'm his son, I think I just have to suck it up and go on an indefinite DirecTV hiatus. Once I get my own place again (or someone else's building who I don't give a crap about) I'll definitely look at D* again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)