Installs INC Quality control visit ???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Technut

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 30, 2004
San Antonio, Texas, USA
I had a unexpected knock on my door today, A guy by the name Hamilton Barton, states he is a Installs Inc. employee doing a quality control check of my Voom install, here to take some pics, I asked for a biz card, says he is new and has none, ask's to take some pics
I say what the hell come on in, show him to the backyerd and he takes some pics, dish, antenna, ota amp, multiswitch etc.

after hes done we have a chat about the (that voom has sugested/demanded using)multiswitch not allowing power for OTA through them on multi stb installs.and they have asked Voom engineers to fix that problem

I called Installs INC. to thank them for there concern for my problem .

anyone else had a quality control check?

MR.C

P.s Sounds like they are working on fixing problems..., could have made a appt.

free wifi hotspot in san antonio my voom install pics

Technut said:
I had a unexpected knock on my door today, A guy by the name Hamilton Barton, states he is a Installs Inc. employee doing a quality control check of my Voom install, here to take some pics, I asked for a biz card, says he is new and has none, ask's to take some pics
I say what the hell come on in, show him to the backyerd and he takes some pics, dish, antenna, ota amp, multiswitch etc. free wifi hotspot in san antonio my voom install pics

I think you took a hell of a chance. In our area a guy claiming to be an installer (for one of the other dish companies) did almsot the same thing to a person. the next time the person was gone...they were broken into and robbed. I never allow anyone into my house with out identification on them or at least the truck they drive so marked. You can always call and get verification.

But I hope you have a good outcome.

oh I called, no one could confirm him, for over a hour wife was on ph to Installs Inc. finnaly got him confirmed by personnaly calling area manager.
and this is Texas I had a 9mm in my wasitband ;) and wife is exprobation officer. and house is alarmed for when no one is home with a survailance webcam. (yes im paranoid)
but what if ?????
you are right, someonehome alone ,,,??? scary !!!
they should have called and made a appt. I let Installs and his manager personnally know this should be done .period.

Great Idea! Well done I.Inc. this is the kind of proactive Q.C. that every one deserves, any installation company found to be not working to local and NEC code should be dropped on the spot.
I would not let anyone into my home with out the proper I.D. in this day and age!

Technut said:
.... finnaly got him confirmed by personnaly calling area manager.

Was this a real Installs Inc phone number (verifiable) or was this a number the guy gave you himself to call to confirm who he was?

Technut said:
and this is Texas I had a 9mm in my wasitband ;) and wife is exprobation officer. and house is alarmed for when no one is home with a survailance webcam. (yes im paranoid).

I have to give it to you. It is TEXAS and you guys do know how to handle yourself. I liked the story.

The same guy came out to my house. It was the same day that there was a major problem with the boxes. He said he would actually get me a new box, but I have not gotten the box yet. It must have something to do with the San Antonio area.

Ya Ya I had one come by. As useful as tits on a boar. He said there would be a new box coming and a good tunning of my dish. Nothing. When speaking with a CSR he had no record of a QC visit, neither was there a record of one With installs. The guy had Id (easily made on a computer) and a magnet on his truck. What the heck I let him in. We also have numerous guns strategically placed in the home, A stupid dog that hates strangers, an alarm, on dead end street in the country. Let him be a robber that would be some entertainment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts