Inter-League Play

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
I decided to start a thread on inter-league play. I just think it is easier than trying to determine which division thread to make a post on when the teams playing are not even in the same league.

The Mets and Sox game was a very exciting game. The Mets whom have played poor defense in the Dodgers series made some really good plays today. Also dramatic to see a win and Paps first blown save decided on an instant reply call.

The Mets and Sox game was a very exciting game. The Mets whom have played poor defense in the Dodgers series made some really good plays today. Also dramatic to see a win and Paps first blown save decided on an instant reply call.

Yep, very good game, and that was clearly a home run for the Mets. Whenever the ball hits the ledge over the Green Monster, that's a homer (it seems to happen about 2-3 times a year).

Great idea for this Interleague thread, BTW. :up

Twins-Brewers game was fun

Before the game the Twins had a ceremony for former Twin Cory Koskie. It was kinda a "Thank You" to him. Was fun

Didnt expect to have 41000 there....place was packed.

Twins win 6-2

Icy, your Twins have been en fuego since Mauer returned from the DL.

Do you think they have the horses to make a deep playoff run?

Yep, very good game, and that was clearly a home run for the Mets. Whenever the ball hits the ledge over the Green Monster, that's a homer (it seems to happen about 2-3 times a year).

Thanks...

I was having a hard time trying to determine with thread to post in. :p Should the Mets and Sox be in the AL East or NL East thread? Should I type the same thing in both threads?

Yanks and Phils was good as well. I had a feeling Lidge would blow it, he has not been sharp all year and flirtin with fire every time he went out.

Twins-Brewers game was fun

Before the game the Twins had a ceremony for former Twin Cory Koskie. It was kinda a "Thank You" to him. Was fun

Didnt expect to have 41000 there....place was packed.

Twins win 6-2

Brewers-Twins is the ESPN game tomorrow night. Should be a good one. :up

Finally have a good reason to watch NESN HD. I have to admit I never saw it coming. After Becket mowed us down in the 8th I got ready for work and when I got in the car they were talking about Putz pitching the 9th instead of K-Rod. Never thought that would happen the way the game was going. As much as I dislike Becket and am glad he is no longer in our division, he is a great pitcher and a fierce competitor. The Mets limped (literally) into Fenway and have 2 wins in the bank. I don't believe it!

As far as Phils-Yanks goes, glad to see Phils lose, but come on, how many opposite field check swing homers do we have to see in this new Yankee Stadium???

Another good Dodgers and Angels game. Another case of a hard fought game in which either team could have easily won. Dodgers won in the bottom of the 10th off of a bases loaded walk to Pierre.

You may have better luck today as the Dodgers are resting half of their regulars, like they do on most day games.

Ethier, Martin, and Furcal are not playing for sure. They usually sit about 4 out of 8 on Sunday.

Last edited:
For the first two games of IL play thus far, the AL has a 1 game advantage:

AL Wins = 15
NL Wins = 13

If anybody ever looks like he was born to be a Dodger it is Billingsley. He just wears that uniform well. Put him on the mound and he could easily be in the rotation with Koufax or Drysdale. He has a classic Dodgers look.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts