Inter-League Play

That was a great game, but... I am really starting to feel for HD. Like me, he is familiar with figuratively getting kicked in the groin when it comes to sports. (I'm not exactly dripping with championships myself- I am a Buffalo fan)

Angels are 4-0 in Interleague Play in the month of June- and they're scoring more runs.

KCK, I told you this stretch could help out the Halos!

Heck of a game going on in Cleveland. Indians have blown a 5 run lead to let the Brewers ahead 14-12 in the top of the eighth (half an inning now in excess of half an hour). Fielder had his first career grandslam.

After every half inning they are scaring away seagulls with fireworks. Seems to be working. :D

That was a slugfest for sure.

That was a great game, but... I am really starting to feel for HD. Like me, he is familiar with figuratively getting kicked in the groin when it comes to sports. (I'm not exactly dripping with championships myself- I am a Buffalo fan)

Ugh. I don't know how much more of this I can take. :(

The Cleveland Gulls.....

A few humorous notes on the Cleveland Gulls I recently read in the paper....

Right Fielder, Sin Soo Choo got defecated on twice already this season by the birds! :eek:

After the incident where one of the birds interfered with a ball in play during the series against the Royals, the groundskeepers are now chasing the gulls away with fireworks after every half-inning.

Now, it's being reported as to the reason why the Gulls are attracted to the Stadium....

Brandon Koehnke, Progressive Field groundskeeper said, "They've come for peanuts, popcorn and hot dogs." "It's strictly a feeding issue," said Bob DiBiasio, Indians vice president of public relations. "When the team is out of town, or there's no game at Progressive Field, the gulls are nowhere to be found."
So let me get this straight: They poop on the home team, they can be scared off by explosions, and they show up mostly just to eat cheap and unhealthy snacks that they didn't even pay for themselves?! Are we sure those seagulls didn't come from Philadelphia? :eek: :D :cool:

After the incident where one of the birds interfered with a ball in play during the series against the Royals, the groundskeepers are now chasing the gulls away with fireworks after every half-inning.

If I lived near the Jake I would be pissed at having to listen to that every 1/2 inning. You can hear them going off on TV as they fade away to commercial each time!

Last edited:

Right Fielder, Sin Soo Choo got defecated on twice already this season by the birds! :eek:

Now, it's being reported as to the reason why the Gulls are attracted to the Stadium....

So let me get this straight: They poop on the home team, they can be scared off by explosions, and they show up mostly just to eat cheap and unhealthy snacks that they didn't even pay for themselves?! Are we sure those seagulls didn't come from Philadelphia? :eek: :D :cool:

Post of the week! ROFLMAO! :D:D:D

:hahaLMAO, That is the funniest thing I have heard this week!

Hanley Ramirez plays his first game at Fenway since "The Trade", and should get a nice ovation. :up

“I think everyone looks at a trade in terms of who won and who lost,” Lowell said. “I don’t think there has to be a winner. I think the Red Sox won, because they wanted a frontline starter and they got him. I think their expectations for me were a little lower coming off ’05, but that panned out for them, too.
“And the Marlins won because they wanted to cut payroll and hopefully get a really good young player. They ended up with a really, really good young player . . . who ended up costing them $70 million when they locked him up. So there you go.”

Ramirez believes it’s too early to make a final determination.

“(It worked) for the Marlins, yeah,” he said. “And (the Red Sox) won the World Series. But what’s going to happen in two years? Or a year and a half? I think we’re going to have more than one World Series if we keep working.”

Remembering a trade with shortcomings - BostonHerald.com

This is one of those proverbial "trades that worked out for both teams".

The Sox wouldn't have won the '07 World Series without Beckett and Lowell, and the Marlins have what is IMO, the most dynamic young player in baseball! :up

Marlins/Red Sox is also what could have been the 2003 World Series.

I know Boston eventually won it all a year later, and then won another, but I still wonder:

had Florida played Boston in 2003, would the curse have ended a year early?

Maybe Boston doesn't go after Schilling? No Bloody Sock game?

The AL is 4.5 games better than the NL thus far in IL play (9 more total wins).

It still amazes me how well the Rockies do in IL play every single year. No matter how bad of a year they have, they seem to always dominate the AL. The Angles are doing the same against the NL this year thus far (I think it may have more to do with timing of their hot streak)

Is it just me, are is this Inter-League crap going on a little longer than normal? This part of the season is especially miserable for a Pirate fan. I hate it. :rant:

Yeah, especially since I thought there was going to be another meltdown by the Indian bullpen. Kinda like pulling the sucker out of the baby's mouth. :D

Oh trust me, my heart was racing in that 9th inning. We dominated your club for 8 innings. It would've burned to lose that one in the 9th.

Today is the last day of interleague play in 2009, and the AL holds a 129-108 edge going into today's action.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)