Inter-League Play

Red Sox-Phillies tied at 2 top of 10th.

Ryan Howard tied it in the 9th with a homer off Ramon Ramirez.

Tigers win another Inter league game tonight 3-1 :up

Pitcher Porcello has 2 hits and 2 rbi's
Pitched 7 inning giving up one run.

Palonco went 4-4

Pirates won an inter-league game last night?! WTF! :confused:

snoozer_08.gif

The first series of games a couple of weeks ago was pretty evenly split. So far this round of series is being dominated by the AL.

There were more games in AL parks than NL parks so that does give the AL teams an advantage, since they do have a HD (their best hitter usually) and the NL has to use one of their worst hitters as a DH.

Red Sox going for the sweep in Philly, are ahead of the Phillies 4-1, top of the 3rd.

This is the fourth consecutive series that the Sox have played a first place team- Tigers, Rangers, Yankees (Yanks were in first place when the Sox-Yanks series started) and Phillies.

IF the Sox win today, they will finish that stretch at 10-2 (only 2 losses coming to the Rangers).

I'd have to do the research, but I can't recall a team playing four consecutive series (ALL different teams) against first place teams.

Phillies will avoid the sweep as the Sox pitching fell apart in the middle innings.

Phillies 11, Red Sox 5........................top of 8th

Good weekend playing Detroit teams for Pittsburgh. Pirates take two of three from the Tigers with a 6-3 win today. Fans got to see the Stanley Cup at PNC today as well! :D :up

Good weekend playing Detroit teams for Pittsburgh. Pirates take two of three from the Tigers with a 6-3 win today. Fans got to see the Stanley Cup at PNC today as well! :D :up

No offense McCoy, but that's as close as PNC Park will ever get to seeing a championship trophy.:devil::devil::devil:

I saw the presentation. looked like almost the entire Pens team was there.

Rumor has it that Sir Sid even shook somebody's hand!!!!

I saw the presentation. looked like almost the entire Pens team was there.

Rumor has it that Sir Sid even shook somebody's hand!!!!
:D Good one.

One thing PNC does know how to do, and that's put on a good show for the fans, even if the Pirates don't. They have one of the best fireworks shows in the entire league. :up

Granted...it IS the Padres. But the Angels just swept them and Weaver pitched a 4 hit complete game gem. PLUS the Rangers lost to the Dodgers.

My word...the Angels are gaining ground on those pesky Rangers!!!!:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts