Interactive weather

Marg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Ajo AZ
A friend just switched from Direct to Dish and can't find how to get to the interactive weather that they had on Direct,I was sure Dish had the same thing as well as Playin TV.

joshua has it right. If you select channel 100, you'll be taken to the interactive apps
WOW! :eek:I won't try that again! Went to channel 100, found local weather, looked at it and hit exit and the screen went black. The 722K was locked up tight. No button press would do anything. Had to pull the plug and wait for it to come back to life.

RT-Cat said:
WOW! :eek:I won't try that again! Went to channel 100, found local weather, looked at it and hit exit and the screen went black. The 722K was locked up tight. No button press would do anything. Had to pull the plug and wait for it to come back to life.

Does do that from time to time.

But how long did you wait? Because they usually come out of that after a moment.

I think most of us find it easier and faster to get the weather thru other means. For example, a weather app on a smartphone.

I had heard that Weather Channel was working on a better interactive page that included local information and radar image that was actually helpful. They plan to have it out by Summer 2011. Yes... 2011.

RT-Cat said:
WOW!
eek.gif
I won't try that again! Went to channel 100, found local weather, looked at it and hit exit and the screen went black. The 722K was locked up tight. No button press would do anything. Had to pull the plug and wait for it to come back to life.
Happens to me too now and then. If you wait several minutes, your screen will eventually come back without a reboot. The best way to avoid it is to go very slowly. But it's definitely a bug that needs to be fixed. Interactive LOT8s like TWC on DirecTV would be the ideal solution. Knowing Dish, I bet the endless delays are money related.

dan188 said:
I belive we were told this when dish almost lost weather channel and had a new weather station ready to take its place a few years ago

I actually liked the other weather station. It wasn't full of reality shows, ect. Anyone remember what it was?