interference

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ray12

Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
Arizona
Hi,

I'm a newbie asking for help (maybe even to find the right forum). I have a 7.5' dish, Chaparral Ku band feedhorn, and a Motorola 920 receiver. All has worked very well for many years, but over the last few days the system is shutting down for an instant, almost as if it were a light being turned on and off for one second. Reception is perfect before and after this occurs. This seems to happen with a certain regularity, almost every 15-30 minutes.

Any ideas where to start looking? C-band technicians are as rare as snow in Phoenix, so any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray

You are talking about ku signals? If your using a 920 most all is c band.
On c band your TI (terrestrial interference) will come from airplane radars and microwave towers. I get it here.

As far as solutions there are a couple. You. An find out which direction its coming from if its a tower, move your dish where a building or structure can block the TI.
There is a bandpass filter that goes between the lnb and feedhorn that chokes the TI and allows c band to pass.

If ku is the problem, radar detectors inside cars will cause ku togo out. The local oscillator in radar detectors left on on cars parked within the vicinity of your dish will kill your ku.

You can mount fine mesh screen around your dish's perimeter to blind the dish from the TI
build a solid metal fence around the dish. Cable company headends do this.

Just because I ride a sportbike aka "crotch rocket" does not mean that i speed every place i go, i don't stand on the gas tank down the interstate or try to run down little old ladies going to church

Nice quote, you forgot to mention ravaging virgins and burning buildings.

Reminds me of another quote: "If I have to explain why, you wouldn't understand"

Any motorbike is way better than NO motorbike!

LOL...I am glad u like my sig. I do try to bust the stereotyping in most everything even fta.
so many people think FTA nowdays is piracy. they don't know the true meaning.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts