International News & Wild Feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ok sweet, good to know, thank you. the ebay seller did not get back to me yet, so I will wait and see. It's a minor investment, not a big deal but if they can't swap the receivers out, can I modify or do an usb update / patch? What's available? or do I have to get a different receiver altogether?
Like was stated those two receivers use two completely different chip-sets, so no you could not just make the 1200 work like a microHD with a firmware change. ;)

okay i will give them a call, have to break free from work! do they open at 9am?

They open at 7:30 AM PT or 10:30 Eastern, so calculate your time from that. :)

Okay I'm talking to these guys and they say this unit I bought does Glorystar but also does FTA as well, not many programs being broadcasted are in HD - so video quality is not going to be a big deal.

If you are going to be using it with an older tube TV yeah you won't notice, but if you are going to be using it on a new HDTV it will have noticeable artifacts.
Also he must be talking about G19, because everything else is going HD. :)

Okay I'm talking to these guys and they say this unit I bought does Glorystar but also does FTA as well, not many programs being broadcasted are in HD - so video quality is not going to be a big deal.

There is some confusion here. Sorry just been trying to offer solid advice to a new hobbyist and have no interest in starting a war! :D

1. Yes, as we said, the HDVR1200 does both FTA and Glorystar. That information was incorrect in an earlier post.

2. There must be some misunderstanding with SD and HD. Most FTA programming is SD and the HDVR1200 conversion from SD to HD is not as good as the microHD. The HDVR1200 provides excellent picture quality on HD channels. This is why we have recommended asking them to substitute the microHD instead of the HDVR1200. Maybe they will downsize your package as previously suggested and you can get the microHD from one of their resellers who have the unit in stock?

What is the difference in SD to HD? HD is high def, what is SD?

This guy that I was talking to out in CA said they do the same exact thing, just as efficiently. The only difference is the Glorystar preprogramming and the DVR aspect.

So, if FTA programming is SD, what is SD?

Also, when you speak of "conversion" can you please explain / elaborate what this mean - you can use technical terms. I'm cool with that.

Don't sweat stuff about a war...
????? Love ????? Love ????? Love ?????

SD stands for Standard Definition, HD is High Definition. The signal from the satellite (i.e. Russia Today news channel) may be in SD. Your receiver can show the SD channel and can show it on your HD-TV via HDMI connection by up-converting it. What Titanium was saying is that the HDVR1200 does not up-convert as well as the microHD, therefore the channel will not look as good...

Reactions: FaT Air
What is the difference in SD to HD? HD is high def, what is SD?

This guy that I was talking to out in CA said they do the same exact thing, just as efficiently. The only difference is the Glorystar preprogramming and the DVR aspect.

So, if FTA programming is SD, what is SD?

Also, when you speak of "conversion" can you please explain / elaborate what this mean - you can use technical terms. I'm cool with that.

Don't sweat stuff about a war...
????? Love ????? Love ????? Love ?????

Dear chickihaute, just to clarify publicly, both GEOSATpro receivers receive Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD) broadcasts. These receivers both have DVR function and they are full FTA receivers.

Let me briefly summarize:
We usually recommend microHD to hobbyist community because of ease of use, very small profile and superior picture quality on SD channels. It also has unmatched hardware performance.
HDVR1200 was developed for managed networks like the Glorystar Christian Satellite, where it has extra options for us to manage a channel list for Christian customer base. It is also useful because of additional component connections on the back panel.

I hope you will be able to check them both and make a decision which one is best! :)

I guess when I get it, I will make a brave attempt to set it up and if i get stuck i'll start a video chat on tinychat and call you guys in to help this damsel in distress!

I STRONGLY suggest you try to get it set up on your own. That's how you will learn. There are lots of great folks here that can help along the way. That said, If you get in a jam I could come over and help. I'm in NE Albuquerque and work in Rio Rancho.

Reactions: chickiehaute
Isn't the HDVR1200 basically a uHD with a PVR? If so it should be fine. The combo is a great starter system.

Isn't the HDVR1200 basically a uHD with a PVR? If so it should be fine. The combo is a great starter system.
No it is a different receiver, with different chip-set. No built in hard drive. Just like all modern FTA receivers though, you can hook-up an external drive.

Reactions: Cham
Thank you everyone for all of your support. We are setting up the satellite on the roof now. We are confused about the grounding. We are in a manufactured house. Placing the ground between our wall, is nearly impossible. Can we attach the grounding wire to our swamp / evap cooler ground wire - which is a few feet away from the dish?

Think, 'ideally', you'd follow that ground, and make connection only where it makes connection to the "NEC Approved Grounding Point". otherwise #77

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)