ios 9 released

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
iso 9 is available for download & installed.

Tried to download it on my 6plus, but got an "unable to download update - An error occurred while downloading the update." message, could be just my work's wifi isn't allowing it.

Anyone else give it a try yet?

I just checked and it was saying I was up to date at 8.4.1. Then I get a call from my wife for 3 minutes. Then checked after the phone call and it said my new OS9 is ready to download.

It's 1.2GB OS download so everyone be sure to be on wifi!

It's 1.2GB OS download so everyone be sure to be on wifi!
It won't let you download over wireless.
I turned off wifi to see if work's wifi was blocking the download. The phone said you had to be connected to wifi to download it.

It's working now though and downloading. Gives an estimated time of 4 hours though. :eeek
Needless to say, our EOD (Employee Owned Device) wifi is not the fastest.

Mine is downloading from home.
Got to get back to work.
I've got my Watch for my needs at work. Will check it out later tonight.

My update completed fine on the iphone 6+ Took about 10 minutes to download.

iOS9 has a feature we have all been asking for. It has what I will call the Hillary email delete feature. Instead of deleting emails one at a time, there is now a "Trash All" button. This removes all the email in the inbox to the Trash folder where you can delete all or selectively.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
My update completed overnight.

Had bowling league last night, so finished the download when I got home. Then let it do the install when I went to bed, was completed overnight.

My update completed fine on the iphone 6+ Took about 10 minutes to download.

iOS9 has a feature we have all been asking for. It has what I will call the Hillary email delete feature. Instead of deleting emails one at a time, there is now a "Trash All" button. This removes all the email in the inbox to the Trash folder where you can delete all or selectively.
Perhaps Mrs. Clinton gave her input to the Apple programmers.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Yes and downloaded here on my IPHONE and IPAD with no problems and so far working good here!! :)

Perhaps Mrs. Clinton gave her input to the Apple programmers.

That's funny! Actually, I sent this in as a suggestion back in the beginning of July. To get attention, I suggested they call the button to delete all "Hillary Mail" to delete everything in the folder. I hope it got lots of laughs in the development team but I got my wish. According to the many review threads this feature has been suggested and ignored for all previous iOS versions.

Did it last night/ this morning. All I've noticed so far is the keyboard is different.

Did it last night/ this morning. All I've noticed so far is the keyboard is different.
I noticed that and liked it.

The only other thing I noticed, and don't like, is the new task manager. When you double tap, all the windows are much bigger than before and take up most of the screen. I like it better when they were smaller, so it made it easier to flip through them and close the ones you want.

Installed this morning, news on first page, Find friends on 3rd is one change I've noticed...
Saw those 2. Moved to my "Apple Bloatware" folder. Really wish they'd let us delete those apps. Really don't need an Apple Watch app, along with several others.

I haven't paid attention to what any of the new iOS9 features are but it's downloading to my iPhone 6 right now. I still need to update my iPad 4 too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)