iOS7 Discussion Thread

Plus iOS 7 likes to nah you if you are using a non approved cable. :(

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It is annoying.

I also noticed they charge the same price for a .5m, 1m, and 2m lightning cable. What a joke.

I couldn't resist that case. I'll just have to eventually get one of those adapters (the real ones), but why Apple doesn't make their own cases so they work with standard accessories -- including their OWN iPhone 5/5C/5S dock, is beyond me. But I really like the case. I went for Red.

It is annoying. I also noticed they charge the same price for a .5m, 1m, and 2m lightning cable. What a joke. I couldn't resist that case. I'll just have to eventually get one of those adapters (the real ones), but why Apple doesn't make their own cases so they work with standard accessories -- including their OWN iPhone 5/5C/5S dock, is beyond me. But I really like the case. I went for Red.
I think the major cost of the Lightning cables is in the Lightning connector, so Apple is basically charging for that and throwing the wire and USB connector in for free. Isn't that nice of them?

I thought about the (Product) Red case, but that seems to be very popular and our Apple store was out of stock.

The strange part is I have a Mophie Juice Pack Plus which licenses the Lightning Connector technology from Apple and still some times when I turn it on it gives me the warning. I turn it off an on again and no warning. Its not perfect.

I have finally installed iOS 7 on my iPad and only now I have noticed the 3d effect of the background: the background moves when you slightly tilt the iPad making the icons appear floating in front of the background. Interesting! This effect is also present on the iPhone, but on the iPad it is much more noticeable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Where is the setting to turn it off?
It's fun for awhile, but I think I will want to turn it off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Found it! Thanks!
Now, is there a setting to desaturate the icons? ;)

Aside from the candy colors and some app compatibility issues, I do like iOS 7.

I love the parallax on the iPhone, but like you, found it annoying on the iPad. I quickly turned it off. It is just not an effect that works well on a 10" screen.

Been doing side by side tests of the 5 and 5S. As expected the 5S loads apps faster, but I'd say on general it is less than a second difference.

Took some side by side shots with both devices, since my 5 has not yet gone over to my son (his birthday is Wednesday, and I have somehow managed to hide my possession of a new BLACK instead of WHITE iPhone for 4 days!!). Anyways, check this out…

IMG_2985.jpg iPhone 5 f/2.4, 1/20, ISO 400

IMG_3031.jpg iPhone 5S, f/2.2, 1/24, ISO 320

(Note, how the 5S took a much better photo at a LOWER ISO.

And here:

IMG_2986.jpg, iPhone 5, f/2.4, 1/30, ISO 50

IMG_3032.jpg iPhone 5S, f/2.2, 1/30, ISO 64

The 5S camera definitely performs better in low-light. These shots were taken literally one after another in the same location, with default settings in the stock camera. Wasn't playing with exposure compensation or anything like in Camera+.

The color compensation in the hallway picture is pretty amazing... I would speculate that the maple floors are not really orange like the 5 makes them look.

It is too hard to tell color differences in the second set since you can barely see anything in the 5 pics, but the table top looks like it has an orange tint courtesy of the 5...

The color compensation in the hallway picture is pretty amazing... I would speculate that the maple floors are not really orange like the 5 makes them look.

It is too hard to tell color differences in the second set since you can barely see anything in the 5 pics, but the table top looks like it has an orange tint courtesy of the 5...

Floors are definitely not orange :) The walls however, were not my pick; not orange though, more brownish.

I think the lamp stand one is the best given that you can see detail in the 5S and NOTHING in the 5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)