iOS7 Discussion Thread

Is it ok to use the non compatible lightning cables?
Like others I get the same message but I dismiss the message and it allows to charge.
Was wondering if they might pull down the battery life of the iPhone.

Gotcha:)
I do notice they don't charge nearly as quick as the original.
It's nice to have them when your in a pinch.
BTW. I got an Amazon lightning cable along with a low dollar knock off. The Amazon cable works just fine.

I picked up a third party camera interface for my ipad 4. It didn't hurt the ipad but it didn't work either. You get what you pay for I guess. The apple camera work perfectly.

The Amazon cord carries the made for iPod/iPhone/iPad logo on its page, so it is approved by Apple: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B3OA7R8/?tag=satell01-20

I just picked up two Amazon basic lightning cables. $13 each. Nice. And since they are approved, they will work. I needed one for my kid, since he is getting my 5, and now we need more lightning cables in the house, and one in my wife's car.

Anyone using Airdrop on the iPhone? I haven't tried it out yet. When it comes to photos and such what advantage does it offer over iMessage?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I have not used it; but don't think it is for messaging; it is for transferring photos and links.

I understand it's different than text. But that's my question. What's the advantage of using Airdrop instead of iMessage? I mean I can send a picture or web link via iMessage. So what makes Airdrop any better? Only advantage I could see (although I haven't tried it yet), maybe you can send multiple photos faster?

I understand it's different than text. But that's my question. What's the advantage of using Airdrop instead of iMessage? I mean I can send a picture or web link via iMessage. So what makes Airdrop any better? Only advantage I could see (although I haven't tried it yet), maybe you can send multiple photos faster?

I have tried it a few times. Not sure if the transfer speed is any faster, but the range sucks.

I read somewhere that you had to be within 30' or so. Unless I just don't understand it's full capabilities, I believe it's more gimmick than anything. Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Pretty much had to be standing next to my wife's phone to send her a pic. I can see it's benefits transferring a file/pic to or from a computer. Text or email still better between iOS devices in my opinion.

I read somewhere that you had to be within 30' or so. Unless I just don't understand it's full capabilities, I believe it's more gimmick than anything.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

I see it as gimmicky, for sure. One of the reason I turned it off to preserve battery. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)