iOS7 Discussion Thread

I'm sure it's better but it's still same ol thing since 2007 only prettier. I was like most iPhone guys. I could care less about customization. That is until I had the options with Android. I have no idea why Apple and some iPhone super fans think options and customization is a bad thing? I never had a problem with how iOS ran. I just got sick of the small screen and the same boring feel year after year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

It is not the same old, the os is very different in many ways. The icons are just unfortunately the first thing you see.

Guys I'm not putting down the OS. I'm an Apple guy. I'm saying the look is boring. The nothing but iCons is boring. That's just my opinion. I understand most of you guys could care less. Like I said before I just wish Apple would let you customize it. I had the iPhone from 1 to 4 and just got tired of the same ol thing. I wanted a bigger screen and LTE. The 4S when announced didn't have any of that. Why are you guys taking offense?

Today's beta testing report for those interested: The beta software lives up to its name in not being particularly well optimized for battery usage. Left the house on a 5 mile run with battery at 95%. Had an audible book playing from the music app (as the Audible app isn't functioning right now). Was out for 50 minutes (no comments on the pathetic slow pace for that run :) ), came home, battery at 68%. Normally, with iOS 6, the battery would start around 97%, and be around 90% after a similar run.

But these are the joys of beta testing. :)

Guys I'm not putting down the OS. I'm an Apple guy. I'm saying the look is boring. The nothing but iCons is boring. That's just my opinion. I understand most of you guys could care less. Like I said before I just wish Apple would let you customize it. I had the iPhone from 1 to 4 and just got tired of the same ol thing. I wanted a bigger screen and LTE. The 4S when announced didn't have any of that. Why are you guys taking offense?

No offense, but think that there is a LOT new in this thing, but their posting screen shots with nothing but Apple app icons on a crappy pastel wallpaper does not help Apple's case.

And I guess I have long given up much patience for the "I wish Apple would let me customize it" argument. That ship sailed a LONG time ago. Like it or not, if we want to use an iPhone, we live in Apple's walled-garden, or we go rogue and JB. Or use an Android phone. Nothing will change on that front.

That said, I really really hope they make the parallax wallpapers optional, as I can't imagine it helps battery life much. Other than my battery issue (described in the post above), I am enjoying the new phone OS. It keeps things fresh doing this stuff once a year. :)

No offense, but think that there is a LOT new in this thing, but their posting screen shots with nothing but Apple app icons on a crappy pastel wallpaper does not help Apple's case.

And I guess I have long given up much patience for the "I wish Apple would let me customize it" argument. That ship sailed a LONG time ago. Like it or not, if we want to use an iPhone, we live in Apple's walled-garden, or we go rogue and JB. Or use an Android phone. Nothing will change on that front.

That said, I really really hope they make the parallax wallpapers optional, as I can't imagine it helps battery life much. Other than my battery issue (described in the post above), I am enjoying the new phone OS. It keeps things fresh doing this stuff once a year. :)

Yea I sort of figured that but before every new release I'm hoping. I'm sure one day I'll make my way back to the iPhone. I will not be going back to Windows though. No way no how!

Yea I sort of figured that but before every new release I'm hoping. I'm sure one day I'll make my way back to the iPhone. I will not be going back to Windows though. No way no how!

Are windows phones that bad? Every time I look around, Microsoft is bashing apple. Especially with their windows 8 tablet vs the iPad commercial.

I can't use an android phone. I would always get forced closed app errors all the time. We have a galaxy tablet and that thing is so buggy at times. Apps close most of the time. Android has cool things like home screens but I found I really don't use them. All they are is for shortcuts to apps. One thing I wish the iPhone had a memory card slot. I don't think it'll ever happen though. The iPhone is simple to use and typing on the keyboard is way faster than that swipe.

OK, watched the video. Yep, what a refreshing drink it was, too! ;) I really do have a much higher opinion of the OS now, I can see improvements. Still not too thrilled about the icons, though. MEH- I'll get used to it.

However, I also watched the video on the Mac Pro "keg" and was less than impressed. Bottom line: You'll have this nice small keg on your desk, and wires going to an expansion box or more.

BTW, in Waterfox, trying to open those videos yielded "download QuickTime" errors. But I have QT. I started it, checked for updates (none), and fiddled with the keg video, got it working. Never did get iOS7 video to work, had to go to IE.

Are windows phones that bad? Every time I look around, Microsoft is bashing apple. Especially with their windows 8 tablet vs the iPad commercial.

Actually I tried one out and it's not really that bad at all. I'm not a huge fan of the live windows tiles. Plus they just don't seem to up to par with Apple or Android. I chose the Razr Maxx because the battery is the best in mobile phones as of right now. Windows phones from what all I have read and seen are pretty decent but nothing like the Maxx phones.

I haven't had any problems with Apps with my Android phone. I do enjoy the home screens. I have some cool widgets setup on them when college football starts. I also wish Apple would put in a MicroSD slot. You can get a 64gig MicroSD card for $38 on Amazon when they go on sale. That would save a lot of money but I think we all know Apple is about making money so they will keep charging $200 more for their 64gig phone.

Press and hold the power button and the home button until a reset starts. It takes about 15 seconds or so to start it.

Ok, I am trying that now, and will see what happens with it tomorrow. I was shocked by how bad it was with playing an audio book for an hour.

How is this different from just turning it off, and powering back up?

Its the same thing. The power/home button is like the reset on a pc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's with the huge Bluetooth logo on the lock screen?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
I had the same issue today and then a minute later it was normal.

photo 1.PNGphoto 2.PNG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)