iOS7 Discussion Thread

Battery life is something else though. Mine is about 25% off where it normally was with iOS 6, and yes I did do the power/home combo to reset it twice now.

I reset and rebooted it and it's helped but with iOS 6 I could not touch my phone for 6 hours and come back to it with 96% left. I have noticed with a hard reset it's better.

Battery life is something else though. Mine is about 25% off where it normally was with iOS 6, and yes I did do the power/home combo to reset it twice now.

I would look at your notification settings and the list of apps in memory, the new multitasking keeps a lot more in memory and that could impact battery life

One thing I saw someone mention was a setting where you can indicate which apps have access to your cellular data and which ones would be restricted to Wi-Fi only. I like that idea as I have the low-end AT&T data plan that caps at 200MB a month. The last thing I want is Dish Anywhere touching that!

One thing I saw someone mention was a setting where you can indicate which apps have access to your cellular data and which ones would be restricted to Wi-Fi only. I like that idea as I have the low-end AT&T data plan that caps at 200MB a month. The last thing I want is Dish Anywhere touching that!

Yup, under settings cellular.

image-2759503970.jpg

It struck me as I was playing a few minutes ago, that just a few days into this, the icons have faded away entirely. The flat thing really is a non-issue.

I dropped back to iOS 6 due to battery life issues. My battery would go from 100% to 20% within an hour and a half.

Apple suggested I put the phone in recovery mode and reload iOS 6 then once that was done update to the iOS 7 Beta, once that was done restore from my backup. I did that and still the same battery issue would happen.

Now they are recommending I do everything above, but instead of restoring my backup to install everything fresh. Instead of doing that I just loaded iOS6 on it and installed apps from scratch.

I grew to like iOS 7, so when the next beta comes out I will load that one and hope for better results.

BTW... when I restored to iOS 6 the following message appeared in my iTunes. :)

Not exactly sure why it did it, but I am not going to argue with them. :D :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-21 at 9.01.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-21 at 9.01.07 AM.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 184
The other day I used the phone as an iPod for an hour. Then sat it down. It was about 90%. Didn't use it for several hours. Came back to it, and it was at 1%!!!! I looked at apps in memory. I had used Find my Friends, earlier, and I think it continually kept pinging my son and wife's phones, and proceeded to drain the entire battery. I have become much more cautious about apps running since then. And haven't had any more problems.

Beta 2 for iPhone is an OTA update, so you can get it from settings, general, update... which is nice since it won't wipe out the device.

The beta for the iPad is available too, from the developer site. Downloading that now.

Doing a preventative Power-HOME reset to make sure my battery doesn't go south after the new update.

The update seemed to go well. There is a new Voice Memo app that showed up on my home page. Siri voices have not changed yet. Haven't noticed any other differences. My audible app still crashes, but I expected that.

Doing a preventative Power-HOME reset to make sure my battery doesn't go south after the new update.

The update seemed to go well. There is a new Voice Memo app that showed up on my home page. Siri voices have not changed yet. Haven't noticed any other differences. My audible app still crashes, but I expected that.
I'm pretty sure I wasn't able to select between a male and female voice before and that's an option now. Although it's only been on the phone for a little over an hour, the battery is still at 100% and that's better than it was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)