IPad 3 this fall, True or just rumor?

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I been looking to buy an IPad recently but I'm just wondering if I should wait a few months. I've heard the rumors of a new IPad this fall, but I don't know if that's a reality or not. Next weekend Is our annual no tax holiday here in Tennessee. I'm not sure if it even qualifies for no tax or not. But if so, that may be a good time to buy one. I just hate to buy one now and then Apple release a new model in a few months time. Thoughts??

I doubt they will come out with one so soon. They want to get as much money out of the existing one as they can. I would say the iPad 3 will be on schedule for next spring as usual.

I would wait and see what happens in the next few months. You could also look into Best Buys "buy back program". HTH.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I doubt they will come out with one so soon. They want to get as much money out of the existing one as they can. I would say the iPad 3 will be on schedule for next spring as usual.

I think you are wrong on this. Your position was the one I took all along, but there have been a LOT of rumors and details of the forthcoming iPad, whether it is the iPad 3 or the iPad 2 HD, but I'd expect it in the fall, along with the iPhone 5 - most likely after the iPhone. And given the talk of a higher resolution one (sometimes referred to as a professional model) they will be able to continue to sell both the 2 and the 2HD.

It's still a rumor, but a very strong one and coming from various sources. Here is the latest one:

iPad 3 due by Thanksgiving; Pegatron wins contract | VentureBeat

Device manufacturer Pegatron has landed the exclusive contract to build Apple’s upcoming iPad 3, beating out former Apple favorite Foxconn, Taiwan Economic News reports.

And it looks like we won’t have to wait too long for the new tablet either: Apple is gearing up to release the iPad 3 just in time for Thanksgiving, according to China Times.

The information falls in line with previous rumors that Apple would deliver another new iPad model later this year...

I still believe they will not call it an iPad 3 but something like iPad 2HD or iPad 2pro (like they do with their notebook line). Apple will want to build to a choice of gadgets covering price ranges similar to what they do with the ipod line. The rumors of possibly 2 new iphones shows they might have 4 different iphone options in the market at the same time 3GS for basic prepaid, 4 for bargain, 4S for upper class, and 5 for top of the line. Similarly they could have iPad 1 for basic, iPad 2 for mainstream, and iPad 2pro for top of the line.

They are essentially still competing with themselves in the tablet market. The ability to cover more market segments helps them keep their market dominance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)