Is Dale Jr. Leaving DEI??

I think technically NASCAR owns all the numbers, but teams pay for the right to reserve certain numbers (kind of like a lease I think) For example, right now NASCAR owns the #3, but RCR controls it because they are paying for it yearly. IF RCR quit paying for it, it would go up for grabs to another team, or RCR could sell it to another team. But in the end NASCAR does own the numbers and can refuse to let a certain team buy or sell a number, or NASCAR could forcefully retake ownership of a number and allow another team to purchase it, but I don't think this has ever happened. Clear as mud?

That is how I understand it.

Well then it IS possible for Jr. to still drive the # 8, if the right circumstances take place.
I saw it rumored that IF he goes to RCR he would run the # 33 :)

Jimbo

he says too much pressure at this point in his career to drive the number 3, although, he has said he would like to race it before he retires!

What do you expect?

He is driving for a 2nd rate team.

Teresa has managed to run a top tier team into the ground.

The only reason many still consider DEI a major player is because many fans have respect for what Dale Sr. has done.

Now with Jr. leaving DEI the world will see if Jr. is a good as people think, or if he was just riding daddy's coat tails.

What do you expect?

The only reason many still consider DEI a major player is because many fans have respect for what Dale Sr. has done.

Now with Jr. leaving DEI the world will see if Jr. is a good as people think, or if he was just riding daddy's coat tails.

Well from what you just said, it won't be daddy's coat tails...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That said, I know what you mean...
Some days he's great and others are down right ugly ...

Jimbo

So, IF Jr does go to Childress, and Richard decides to merge with DEI, does Dale still drive for DEI ?
That would be interesting, seeing the way the departure is happening.

As for driving for Hendricks, IF they wanted Jr bad enough they would get him and make room for him, they would move one of the others along (Not Gordon or JJ).

That could still happen, but I think Hendrick will not get into a bidding war with Chilldress, seeing Hendricks is pretty well stocked.

Jimbo

i don't think so, jimbo. he would be under contract with richard childress racing. childress has been subcontracted by dei to build their engines, starting next season. but i did see this as an interesting move by theresa earnhardt.

i don't think so, jimbo. he would be under contract with richard childress racing. childress has been subcontracted by dei to build their engines, starting next season. but i did see this as an interesting move by theresa earnhardt.

I hope not !!!

I thought I had heard that Childress is building THIS years engines for DEI ... ???

Jimbo

actually, he is....my bad. they hope to be able to build an engine in time for the pepsi 400 in july. and i was reading at espn.com earlier today, that the two are building a 30,000 square foot brand new facility!

actually, he is....my bad. they hope to be able to build an engine in time for the pepsi 400 in july. and i was reading at espn.com earlier today, that the two are building a 30,000 square foot brand new facility!

Building one in time for teh Pepsi 400 is not a problem...
These guys build engines in an hour or so, fine tuning it is another thing ...

Jimbo

With Jr leaving DEI and going to a top tier team will tell the story.

It will show what he can do in top notch equipment.

He will either win races and run competitively.

Or he will flop and not have any improvement.

It will show if he is truly one of the top drivers, or that he has been riding on his daddy's fame and name.

Here is something to think about...

Jeff Gordon = stepdad did what he had to to put Jeff in top equipment from day 1

Dale Jr = dad did what he had to to put Jr in top equipment.

The difference......

Jeff Gordon's stepdad was a nobody.

We all know who Dale Jr's dad is.

With Jr leaving DEI and going to a top tier team will tell the story.

It will show what he can do in top notch equipment.

He will either win races and run competitively.

Or he will flop and not have any improvement.

It will show if he is truly one of the top drivers, or that he has been riding on his daddy's fame and name.

Here is something to think about...

Jeff Gordon = stepdad did what he had to to put Jeff in top equipment from day 1

Dale Jr = dad did what he had to to put Jr in top equipment.

The difference......

Jeff Gordon's stepdad was a nobody.

We all know who Dale Jr's dad is.

I think that Mr. Hendricks had a lot more to do with Jeff getting in top nothch equipment from day one than his step dad.

Jr will do fine if he moves to Hendricks or Childress...

Don't expect him to start winning immediatly, but it will happen.
Great timing for Childress to get his act together this year, they have struggled alot since Dale left us.
I think the addition of Jeff Burton and a few others have helped re energize them.
Harvick has also done better this year ...

Jimbo

rick hendrick has already said he isn't interested as he already has 4 teams. joe gibbs is very interested if budweiser stays home. but ginn racing is emerging as the front runner according to a story on espn.com this morning.

rick hendrick has already said he isn't interested as he already has 4 teams. joe gibbs is very interested if budweiser stays home. but ginn racing is emerging as the front runner according to a story on espn.com this morning.
And which one do you think has a realistic chance of happening ?

I would like to see him with Tony and Denny as well, but I don't see Bud leaving, they have an ongoing contract and Bud wants him.

Gibbs would have to change policy, possible, but doubtful.
There has been some talk that VISA may make a serious push to be his sponsor, but I doubt that Bud would leave.

I don't see Ginn as an honest option, I think he got lucky getting Mark Martin and knows Mark will be leaving soon and would like to snag a Big name, I also think Jr. would be foolish to go that route as he once again would be the ONLY big name and all the pressure would be back on him again. Not much different than where he left.
Wouldn't he rather be with his own team before Ginn, thats also another option, then if anything else opens up down the road he would be available.... Anyone that signs him will want to tie him up for 10 years or so, I would imagine, he won't be a FA again for a long long time.

I think he ends up going with a team that already has established star(s) .

I would not count out Hendricks.... no one knows what is happening behind closed doors.

My prediction ???

1. Childress
2. Gibbs
3. Hendricks
4. Jr. Motorsports

Ginn way down the list, if he did sign there, I would be shocked.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts