Is Dale Jr. Leaving DEI??

ah, i wouldn't put ginn too far down your list. just a hunch.

i think the jr camp has said it isn't a given that budweiser will come to the new team. i wouldn't be shocked if he ended up at gibbs driving the 18. yealey is in the last year of his contract. its doubtful he'll be resigned. jr likes joe gibbs a lot and he would join an organization that has 3 cup championships. in fact, if budweiser isn't a given, i'd say gibbs would be the first choice, even before childress!

ah, i wouldn't put ginn too far down your list. just a hunch.

i think the jr camp has said it isn't a given that budweiser will come to the new team. i wouldn't be shocked if he ended up at gibbs driving the 18. yealey is in the last year of his contract. its doubtful he'll be resigned. jr likes joe gibbs a lot and he would join an organization that has 3 cup championships. in fact, if budweiser isn't a given, i'd say gibbs would be the first choice, even before childress!

I agree with your assesment, if Bud is not part of it.
I think if Bud leaves, Gibbs would be the obvious choice, provided Childress doesn't make a big push, so far he hasn't , but that doesn't mean he won't.

Dale has a very good relationship with Tony Stewart and Denny Hamlin as well.
That woukld be a very formidible team if that were to happen.

Q. Does Bud do any Non alcohol items ??? possibly other than beverages ?

Jimbo

is o'douls part of anheuser busch? i'd have to check on that. junior also has a great relationship with the coach!

i just checked the website and o'douls is indeed part of A-B. i dunno if bud doesn't go with junior, i think he would be better off with another sponsor. there's something that doesn't click about junior peddling non-alcoholic beer!

i dunno if bud doesn't go with junior, i think he would be better off with another sponsor. there's something that doesn't click about junior peddling non-alcoholic beer!

Ya, I don't see that happening :)

I heard on the pre race show that Hendricks is NOT out of the Jr. sweepstakes and they did not even mention Childress or Ginn.

Thier thinking was definatly leaning towards Gibbs :)

Jimbo

Here's the latest updates from Jayski.com. Marty Smith from ESPN is pretty reliable and he says Jr is going to Hendrick to drive the 5 or 25. Looks like Kyle Busch might be out at Hendrick. Can you Imagine how Hendrick might look next season? JR, Gordon & Johnson!! This is almost going to be unfair for the competition, that organization is going to have the two most popular drivers, arguably three of the most talented drivers, and unlimited financial resources.

Dale Jr. to make announcement Wed. UPDATE 2 looks like to Hendrick #5: could this be the big announcement of where Dale Earnhardt Jr. will go and who he will drive for in 2008 and the future? NASCAR Nextel Cup driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. has scheduled a news conference for Wednesday at 11:00a,/et at his JR Motorsports race shop. [This is NOT open to the public] A full transcript will be released shortly after the news conference.(JR Motorsports PR)
SPEED to televise UPDATE: must be big....SPEED will interrupt regularly scheduled programming Wednesday morning, June 13 at 10:00am/et in anticipation of a live press conference from JR Motorsports about the future plans of Nextel Cup Series driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. At 11:00am/et, John Roberts will host a special live edition of The SPEED Report, with Bob Dillner on site in Mooresville, N.C. The press conference is expected to last one hour. At 7:00pm/et, SPEED will present a special half-hour edition of The SPEED Report to summarize the day's events.
XM Radio Sports Nation (XM channel 144) will also air the press conference live.
AND SIRIUS Satellite Radio will provide listeners with comprehensive live coverage of the news conference on Sirius NASCAR Radio channel 128
UPDATE: Officials with Ginn Racing and Joe Gibbs Racing each said their teams were not involved in the news conference while a spokesperson for Richard Childress Racing said the team owner is out of the country [New Zealand] on a hunting trip and that he is not expected to be back in the country tomorrow. A Hendrick Motorsports spokesman had no comment. A call to Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s spokesman was not immediately returned.(SceneDaily.com)
UPDATE 2: ESPN.com's Marty Smith reports: Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Wednesday will announce his intent to drive the #5 Hendrick Motorsports Chevy in 2008, multiple sources with intimate knowledge of negotiations told ESPN.com Tuesday on condition of anonymity. Hendrick Motorsports declined comment Tuesday, and e-mails and calls sent to Earnhardt's representation were not returned. Kelley Earnhardt Elledge, who has handled contract negotiations for her brother, declined to comment on the report. There was some speculation that the wheels are already in motion to plant Earnhardt in the #5 now driven by Kyle Busch before season's end, but Dale Earnhardt, Inc. president Max Siegel, contacted by phone Tuesday, discounted that scenario, saying Earnhardt would remain in the #8 through season's end. Sources said there are indications that Busch may not finish the year in the #5. Busch is under contract with HMS through the end of next season, and Hendrick had been working to sign the 22-year old driver to an extension. Jeff Dickerson, an attorney for Busch, told ESPN.com that "a lot of things may or may not occur. Out of respect for Hendrick Motorsports, we're not really sure what's going on yet. But we're trying. I don't think anything's changed yet. I can not tell you that Kyle is out of the #5 for 2008." Meanwhile, one potential scenario would be Casey Mears moving to the #5 and Earnhardt moving to the #25 currently being driven by Mears [Budweiser sponsored Hendrick and the #25 for many years]. It is unknown whether sponsor Budweiser will follow Earnhardt to Hendrick.(ESPN.com), the Associated Press is reporting similar news/speculation.(6-12-2007)

Well, reading some of the Nascar.com boards, it sounds like a lot of #8 fans are VERY unhappy. My thing is if you like a driver, and you want that driver to win, why wouldn't you want them on a team that puts him the best position to win?!?

Sometimes I wonder about my fellow Nascar fans.

i wonder if all the #3 fans are going to turn against him now since he joined a winning team which they all hate.

I was a #3 fan and am currently a #8 fan. Why would I turn against Dale JR for going to a better race team. I think most TRUE JR fans feel that Teresa should have sold him the 51% ownership he wanted. JR is certainly not going to have an lack of fans if he moves to Hendrick.

and i think junior has made it clear, he still wants to drive daddy's number 3 but not right now. that's just too much pressure. let him see if he can really contend for championships with rick hendrick. if he can, than i think the black number 3 coming out of mothballs will happen someday!

i wonder if all the #3 fans are going to turn against him now since he joined a winning team which they all hate.

I was a Sr fan and still a Jr. fan, most fans follow the driver, not so much the team,unless they have a stable full of good drivers (like Hendricks).

I will follow Jr over to the Hendricks camp.
I see no anomosity towards where Jr is going or where he left.
I still hope that DEI does well, I was happy to see Martin Truex Jr. win as well as any other DEI drivers.

That said, I follow drivers more than teams, there are alot of drivers I like from other teams as well.

Jimbo

Sources say it Jr to Hendricks to be announce 11am EST on Wednesday. I'm sure the 3 and 8 fans are gonna hate that!

I was a Sr fan and still a Jr. fan, most fans follow the driver, not so much the team,unless they have a stable full of good drivers (like Hendricks).

I will follow Jr over to the Hendricks camp.
I see no anomosity towards where Jr is going or where he left.
I still hope that DEI does well, I was happy to see Martin Truex Jr. win as well as any other DEI drivers.

That said, I follow drivers more than teams, there are alot of drivers I like from other teams as well.

Jimbo

I agree with you 100%. I'll still be pulling for DEI to succeed and I believe Dale JR will still be pulling for DEI to succeed as well.

If there are people out there that "claim" they are going to stop being Dale JR fans just because he is racing for Hendricks....they probably never really were Dale Jr fans to start with. I think his real fans are excited about this move because this will be his best shot at being a champion.

Fans will probably actually be more upset if Budweiser is no longer his sponsor. I wonder if Kelloggs is going to be his sponsor, for some reason breakfast cereal doesn't seem cool enough to be his sponsor, am I right?

I agree with you 100%. I'll still be pulling for DEI to succeed and I believe Dale JR will still be pulling for DEI to succeed as well.

If there are people out there that "claim" they are going to stop being Dale JR fans just because he is racing for Hendricks....they probably never really were Dale Jr fans to start with. I think his real fans are excited about this move because this will be his best shot at being a champion.

Fans will probably actually be more upset if Budweiser is no longer his sponsor. I wonder if Kelloggs is going to be his sponsor, for some reason breakfast cereal doesn't seem cool enough to be his sponsor, am I right?

Dale Jr. and cereal flakes. No I don't think so. Odds are with Budweiser going with him.

Its not the whole team most hate...just one or two of the drivers there. ;)

But then again...as a Labonte fan, I survived many years rooting FOR the 5 car and AGAINST the 24/48...Jr's fans will adapt to that thinking as well, I'm sure! :D

(no personal offense intended to your choice of avatar :p )

Seeing he IS going to Hendrick's there is a possibility that Bud goes with him.

Jimbo

Dale Jr. and cereal flakes. No I don't think so. Odds are with Budweiser going with him.

Mears to the 5 w/ Kelloggs, and Jr to the 25 with Bud returning to sponsor that team (where they were before they left for the #8) seems to make the most sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)