Is Dale Jr. Leaving DEI??

Got a quick question for the NASCAR fans.
What happened to MRN and PRN radio networks ?
I use to listen to the races on the way home, I can no longer find any local listings for them.
Did they go "Pay Radio " ONLY ???

Jimbo

Fans will probably actually be more upset if Budweiser is no longer his sponsor. I wonder if Kelloggs is going to be his sponsor, for some reason breakfast cereal doesn't seem cool enough to be his sponsor, am I right?
He could always go with Wrangler as the primary sponser (currently a secondary). Could even go with the old paint scheme that Dale Sr. used before switching to Goodwrench.

Attachments

• 3-wrangler.JPG
    3-wrangler.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 102
Got a quick question for the NASCAR fans.
What happened to MRN and PRN radio networks ?
I use to listen to the races on the way home, I can no longer find any local listings for them.
Did they go "Pay Radio " ONLY ???

Jimbo

While they both broadcast on Sirius, they both still have affiliates all over the place on terrestrial radio. Here's a link to a list of affiliates:

MRN Affiliates

PRN Affiliates

acually, i don't think DEI will do any worse without junior. i think martin truex jr will have a breakout season next year!!

the latest in the scuttlebutt is that hendrick might try and trade the number 5 to DEI for the number 8.

acually, i don't think DEI will do any worse without junior. i think martin truex jr will have a breakout season next year!!

the latest in the scuttlebutt is that hendrick might try and trade the number 5 to DEI for the number 8.
Wont do any worse? How so? Losing Dale JR is going to be a MAJOR blow to their bottom line in sponsorship dollars, merchandise sales dollars and etc. I would bet money that Bud pulls out and follows Dale Jr. Losing number 8 would be even worse. And now they have a driver with virtually no fan base compared to Jr. They are going to miss Micheal Waltrip now too.

The only "fans" that will not longer support Jr. after going to Hendrick are the same no class lowlifes that throw stuff on the track.
Hendrick's was already unstoppable. Now its going to be just ridiculous. Like the Cowboys of the 90's against the rest of the undermanned NFL. That many great drivers with great cars and money getting that much test time on the tracks? All in one stable? OMFG:rolleyes:

NASCAR owns and assigns car numbers to an owner(s). NASCAR reserves the right to revoke or transfer car numbers to another owner/team at any time. Car numbers are non-assignable and non-transferable, except by NASCAR. NASCAR works with teams and sponsors when a specific number is requested.

I would not put it past Mike Helton to "persuade" DEI to swap or sell the number 8.
Bottom line is if NASCAR wants to they can take the 8 from DEI and not give then a thin dime for it.

IF Kurt ends upgoing to DEI. I could see this happening, if Theresa ok'd it, she might not, just to spite Jr.

IF Kyle goes elsewhere, I doubt you would see this happen.

I think it would be really cool for them to work this number swap out .....

Imagine all the Jr. fans that are tossing thier # 8 stuff prematurely, as there is a 50/50 chance that the swap could happen yet.

Jimbo

i read, i think at espn.com a few days ago, that hendrick was in talks with dei about a number swap. he really doesn't want to give up either the 5 or 25, as they are both significant numbers in the history of hendrick motorsports. but he says he really wants to see junior drive the 8 in 2008.

vurbs, u ever pay attention to race results? martin truex jr has three top five finishes (including win number 1) in the last three races!

Wont do any worse? How so? Losing Dale JR is going to be a MAJOR blow to their bottom line in sponsorship dollars, merchandise sales dollars and etc. I would bet money that Bud pulls out and follows Dale Jr. Losing number 8 would be even worse. And now they have a driver with virtually no fan base compared to Jr. They are going to miss Micheal Waltrip now too.

And Micheal Waltrip DEFINATLY misses them !

Not all that much of a racing fan, but reading a page or two of this makes me want to play a NASCAR console game with some kind of owner mode, like Madden owner mode.

Race and manage your stable of racers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)