is it true?? !!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sprinklerguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 16, 2003
I am now with Dishnet...i am thinking of Voom

Is it true that they will install an OTA antenna with the package?
What about a hard install? Still included?

Will Voom ever have good regular programming to rival Americas top 100?

i have yet to see a link to what the monthly charges will be?

anyone?

sprinklerguy said:
I am now with Dishnet...i am thinking of Voom

Is it true that they will install an OTA antenna with the package?
What about a hard install? Still included?

Will Voom ever have good regular programming to rival Americas top 100?

i have yet to see a link to what the monthly charges will be?

anyone?

Yes, they will install an OTA antenna - See read me thread...

What do you mean by a hard install?

Will Voom ever have good regular programming to rival Americas top 100? They might but it is not known. VOOM right now is more gear to those that want more HD channels.

Monthly charge is at www.voom.com. $40/mth for SD + Exclusive + One Package. $100/mth for everything.

PPV events are excluded.

i am in relatively treed area....in mountains...my neighbors have antennas, i am in a little hole though and may need tall one.

Looks like there are quite a few SD channels iin the lineup...are they allactive now?

sprinklerguy said:
i am in relatively treed area....in mountains...my neighbors have antennas, i am in a little hole though and may need tall one.

Looks like there are quite a few SD channels iin the lineup...are they allactive now?

You will need to provide the pole. VOOM will not provide it. Yes all SD channels are active except for the ones that coming. See Read Me Firs thread.

I am still a Dish sub. I went from Dish 150 (~$60) to dish50+locals (~$30). The answer is it depends. I am a movie/scifi person so the missing espn/inhd doesn't bother me.

I have been keeping track of when I end up turing on the Dish receiver. I am also scanning through the Dish program guide when I find that there is 'nothing on' on the Voom side.

Almost without exception I am useing dish for my local channels (long story see other posts for details) and SciFi channel(sometimes FoodTV).

I think from thier glossies I thought that FoodTV was going to be there. There has also been some threads on SciFi.

So I would say if you can get your Locals with OTA and you don't mind missing SciFi, you would be all set. As someone else mentioned they are pretty lean right now on new channels (i.e. cnn, foxnews, etc) but these do not really matter to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)