It's August 6, when are we getting the BIG dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ardbell

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 15, 2004
Papillion,NE
Sean, Scott or Wilt
It is less than two months away until the new Sat goes online. When are the upgrades going to start? Any word? I will also post this in the Yahoo groups.

ardbell said:
Sean, Scott or Wilt
It is less than two months away until the new Sat goes online. When are the upgrades going to start? Any word? I will also post this in the Yahoo groups.

No public word on this yet. Do not know if anybody knows anything yet but all I can tell you is that the budget money for this has already being discussed in the Finance public records. I think (speculation on my part) that it will happen but do not know if it will meet the October deadline. Now, this could all be tied up to other negotiations or software issues. It is hard to point to one thing because there are many variables that could be driven this.

I'm sure the dish upgrade is being planned with consideration of the new price increase. They know new installs will drop off due to the $200 install price, and also know people will be cancelling when the higher prices go into effect in Jan (rumored?). Current poll in this forum shows close to 40% will quit in Jan if price increase, so either they will have to provide enough programming increase (quality or quantity) to counter this exodus, or think it is econimically feasible to upgrade everyone, only to have 40% (or probably 20%, more realistic) cancel. The $200 install fee may be to deter new installs until new dish is available to avoid paying installer twice.

Personally, I'm happy with VOOM unless I have to deal with installs or customer service. Since a dish upgrade would probably make me do both, I'd rather they wait until they can guarantee a smooth transition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)