It's Official - VOOM ON DISH NETWORK!

MichaelG said:
I am meant E* sorry, she is tranfering me to tech support

Better than I got. I am due for an install today and was trying to get more information. The CST I talked to told me he didn't have any information about it and that I would have to wait until my account was established, even though I am a returning customer.

Sean Mota said:
Ok... But it was funny... I am still laughing... :D :D

Me too, I was trying to type as she was trying to read from their prepared material about the Rainbow 1 purchase, etc....I am still holding....

I have tried to keep up the the technical issues with available sats and transponders that E* uses.......but how would they would they really be able to deliver 10 new HD channels with their current setup? Can it be done?

Shawn95GT said:
So are the Voom channels just an augmentation of their HD pack (no additional cost), or are they treated as a set of premium channels?

To be part of the current HD package - not separate

I just called too, the guy was really slow, I think he looks like my avitar..He said he couldnt give me any info till I gave him my address, I said I just want to know what your are offering, he said I need your address, I said goodbye...lololol
I will call back and try a different rep, this guy sounded like he was reading a script...

denmarkdave52 said:
To be part of the current HD package - not separate
Very nice. Now they need to work on the rest of the ex-voom line-up (outside of Voom 21). I guess MPG4 will be the savior.

Well, as a D* guy now, I hate this. I just hate it.

And yes, that's the last time I'll mention it. :)

I dont think ppl are bitching that voom channels survive. Some are pointing out that the Choices E* made may suck a bit which is a bit diff plus ppl are always entitled to their opinons. For me out of all the ones slated for E* the ONLY ones I watch on Voom anymore are MonsterHD & occationally Equator. Channels like Rave are nice but after a week or 2 you have seen basically all the concerts as it doesnt change as much as I would like. As for GuyTV, Majestic and Gunslinger any one is okay but since alot of titles are simply rotated between the various Voom21 channels you only need 1 of em ;) .

I'm happy for E* ppl who get this but like I said before there is the possibility of Cable and D* also picking up channels, since nothing has been said that its an exclusive to E* deal, and at least with Comcast I didnt have to buy any equip, get a decent deal including HDDVR for $0 and, big AND here, No commitment so if in say 3-4 months D* comes out with its mpeg4 and more channels I can switch then with no penalty. A 1 yr commitment just to keep MosterHD isnt a value to me. Another nice thing is that with comcast I get all the Denver local HD's instead of haveing to do OTA which for some Denver stations, like ABC, its impossible where I live to get. As I understand it they have their transmitter sitting on a 5th floor parking lvl of a garage at the station and they run it at low pwr. The only channel locally we dont get in HD yet is UPN

Ok, the E* tech said they still have NO INFO on how the Voom channels will be incorporated. They expect more info soon.

I was going to switch to E* anyway so my order is in. I am sure this whole thing will be sorted out by the time my install is complete.

Talking about having to act quickly... The announcement 2 days before the product launches. No wonder uplink activity has been slow this week at Dish.

With the 13 empty transponders becomming available at 61.5 Dish could support the existing VOOM customers and their boxes during the transition by using some of the new TPs for Dish customers to receive VOOM 10, and keep some of the new TPs for existing VOOM customers to keep some sort of programming while they transition to Dish.

I am just too confused right now.

I think I'll wait past May 1st.

Hopefully OTA works Monday night so I can watch 24.

WAITING is the best thing...!!

Like, you guys who jumped ship before Voom even stopped breathing? Some of you did not go for E*. (How would you know?) And some probably did not get the best deal that Voomers will be offered.

There are still PRICING questions, INSTALLATION questions, and most importantly of all.... and nobody is asking.... PQ questions!! What if Voom10 on E* looks like crap??

No way am I jumping on it! This is potentially excellent news. But I will definitely wait until the dust settles and we see what shakes out. I don't need TV so bad that I cannot wait a week or two for this to shake out.

The rep said he had to call me back, I guess hes not sure about the free DVR upgrade.
Because of this forum, I know more about it than he does..