It's Official - VOOM ON DISH NETWORK!

This is great news, but unmotivating for me. All I want back is Starz-HD, Max-HD and TMC-HD. (And of course the long-dead Encore-HD) These were my favorite four channels on the whole VOOM roster.

Why won't anyone else pick these up?

Do we have any idea what this means for our equipment? Can I get the Voom content on the old Voom dish thru the existing Voom receiver? Will Dish leave the OTA on?

Press release says they will carry all Voom 21 by 2006!

Press release says they will carry all Voom 21 by 2006! See first sticky in this forum.

Scott Greczkowski said:
DISH Network Expands High-Definition Package with Addition of VOOM Programming
Friday April 29, 8:07 am ET
Lineup Will Include 10 Original VOOM HD Channels

Customers can sign a one-year agreement and receive...<snip>...plus a free DVR upgrade, with next-day installation.

Free DVR upgrade? Does that mean you don't have to pay the $250? Or you do?

Sucks to be me. I was previously a DISH subscriber so cannot get any decent deals. I'm not really interested in buying an outdated 921 for $549. There is not even an option for the 942.

Do you have to get a new dish to receive the Dish Network HD channels or can you still use your VOOM dish ?

VOOM receivers will not work. You must have Dish Network receivers. Your satellite dish may or may not work, it depends on what lnbs Dish installs on your main dish pointed at 110/119.

This really sucks. I cannot see the Dish bird - trees are in a way. Voom was the only sat that I can point at... :river

mwgiii said:
VOOM receivers will not work. You must have Dish Network receivers. Your satellite dish may or may not work, it depends on what lnbs Dish installs on your main dish pointed at 110/119.

Those details are not known yet. It all depends where Dish Network is planning to have those channels. If it is at 61.5 a software upgrade could possibly make the VOOM box work with Dish Network Encription. However, you will still need a dish 500 pointed to 110/119 for main core channels.

The best scenario is to totally forget about the VOOM box and get yourself an E* DVR and set up that is able to look at the three satellites. This means that you will need a two dish solution if the channels are kept at 61.5 (which everyone seems to think it will happen since E* has no room on 110/119).

Remaining questions before you sign up:

1 - which satellite are these channels going to be. If they are at 61.5, you will need an extra Dish pointing at 61.5 (you may use the VOOM dish as well).

2 - will these channels be part of the HD pack or will they be in another tier. If they are in the HD pack, you may sign up for the HD pack only with Dish Network.

3 - how much is the HD pack going to cost now?

We nee more details.

If you sign up for the HD pack only (and the HD channels are at 61.5) can you simply hook up your VOOM dish to Dish Network receivers and receive the channels ? In other words, if I do not want core channels can I use my VOOM dish to receive the HD channnels only ?

Lucky said:
If you sign up for the HD pack only (and the HD channels are at 61.5) can you simply hook up your VOOM dish to Dish Network receivers and receive the channels ? In other words, if I do not want core channels can I use my VOOM dish to receive the HD channnels only ?

That's exactly what I'm wondering since I cannot see the 110.

Sean Mota said:
Remaining questions before you sign up:

1 - which satellite are these channels going to be. If they are at 61.5, you will need an extra Dish pointing at 61.5 (you may use the VOOM dish as well).

2 - will these channels be part of the HD pack or will they be in another tier. If they are in the HD pack, you may sign up for the HD pack only with Dish Network.

3 - how much is the HD pack going to cost now?

We nee more details.

These questions should be answered for us later today.

Yeah, if I can simply use my VOOM dish and just get new receivers and receive the HD pack I would sign up. I always used VOOM as a supplemental to cable anyway. Does anyone know if you can use the VOOM dish to receive the HD pack ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)