It's Official - VOOM ON DISH NETWORK!

salsadancer7 said:
...SO...for those possibly stuck with cable...it MIGHT not be as bad as you think....

Just curious. Are there some cable providers that require a commitment? Mine doesn't but all the satellite providers that I know of do. :confused:

Ok, now I spoke to someone who wasnt sitting on there head. He said I have to wait till the First beacause the offer doest start till then, and hes pretty sure the free HD DVR is part of the deal....We will see on the first...............

I dont have time to read the entire thread.... wow lots of posts.... did anyone say what satellite they will be on..

Scott Greczkowski said:
It will be on 61.5 for now, with it mirroring soon on 148.

Alright, I guess I'm putting that 61.5 dish back up! (taken down after last move).

lostcause said:
I also have the condo association issue pending to see if I can get approval for dishes to be installed.

If it's on your property, Federal law says you don't need no stinkin' permission to install it. See www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html for details on your legal rights.

Unfortunatel, many condo ass'ns and HOA's rules are still in violation, even though it's been like 8 years sinvce the law went into effect.

that is not the problem!!! The issue is what to do about those of us (like me), that don't have LOS from our exclusive areas like a patio. We would need to mount the dish outside on the roof. That is the issue up before the association. They have been allowed in the past, but they have temporarily put a stop to any new dishes until the issue has been brought up for review.

MONSTERS-HD LIVES!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Since I can't have Voom, I'll have to do a deal with Dish. As long as I get Monsters and Equator, I'll be happy (for the moment). Thanks to everyone at Voom and Dish who worked this out.

I just called Dish...
"PLEASE CALL BACK ON MAY 1st AS WE WILL HAVE SPECIAL DEALS FOR VOOM CUSTOMERS!!!", she said.

HERE'S THE NUMBER TO CALL...800-WOW-HDTV. This is a new phone number that belongs to Dish (not a third party) being set up for Voom customers.
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.........................

Free upgrade to HD-DVR will be part of the deal, so I was told! :) :) :) :)

800-WOW-DISH starting MAY 1st!!! :p :p

just talked to Dish and they said that the voom channels are going to be on satellite 110, and not 61.5.

johnalan said:

Well. Though I'd tend to put this in my pile of "too good to be true", you better believe that as a former Voomer Sunday I'll be calling this number.

CDH.

CDH said:
Well. Though I'd tend to put this in my pile of "too good to be true", you better believe that as a former Voomer Sunday I'll be calling this number.

CDH.

So maybe 40,000 V* subs are important enough for E* to care about and do a special offer for Previous Voomers. :D I will be calling on Sunday as well, and if there is a FREE 942 DVR upgrade as part of the package, then I will breakdown and go to E*. :yes

johnalan said:
MONSTERS-HD LIVES!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Since I can't have Voom, I'll have to do a deal with Dish. As long as I get Monsters and Equator, I'll be happy (for the moment). Thanks to everyone at Voom and Dish who worked this out.

I just called Dish...
"PLEASE CALL BACK ON MAY 1st AS WE WILL HAVE SPECIAL DEALS FOR VOOM CUSTOMERS!!!", she said.

HERE'S THE NUMBER TO CALL...800-WOW-HDTV. This is a new phone number that belongs to Dish (not a third party) being set up for Voom customers.

Free upgrade to HD-DVR will be part of the deal, so I was told! :) :) :) :)

I wonderhow recently you had to have Voom. I dropped last October but would love to get in a voom deal that gave me a free 942 HD DVR.

Add me to the list of VOOMers that called DISH and the CSR took me down the standard sign up path. When I mentioned the offer, he said it wasn't available where I live. After I asked to speak with a supervisor, he went away and then came back and said I would need to call back on May 1st.

how is this 942 miracle? will we former voomites become beta testers for new hardware?

Anyone notice the new message on the VoOm Guide, no more VoOm DoOm message... New message about Dish carrying 10 "with plans to carry all 21"
Kewl :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)