Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Congratulations 8bit you beat me to the 1 million club, i thought for a while there i might be able to sneak in before you but no. :)

Keep on folding Team !:up

I've been chasing you for awhile and I wasn't sure if I'd beat you to it when your ppd starting going back up! We have traded 9th and 10th place a few times this last week!

Thanks for the congrats - yours are next!

In fact, you are already in! Great job!

Keep it up team! :up

Wow, I am in the middle of a bathroom plumbing crisis and when I came out for a breather, I noticed I had no lights on my Linksys 8-port Gigabit switch! I have no idea how long my Macs were down (SMP Clients hate it when your primary NIC goes offline) but at least I still had my old 5-port 100Base-TX Linksys switch. So, I'm back up and Folding, but I lost a a couple of hours of Folding.

I did open up the 8-port Gigabit switch and saw my favorite electronic malady, BAD CAPS! Two 6.3V 1,000µF were puffed-up and bloated. Great! At least I think I have a couple extra caps at work.

Hey-hey, we should surpass 30,000,000 points today!!! We're about 20K points short right now, so it shouldn't be too much longer. Way to Fold, Team!!!

Dang Roland, you are a bad cap magnet.... Although I do wonder how many things are thrown away every year due to that exact problem

Dang Roland, you are a bad cap magnet.... Although I do wonder how many things are thrown away every year due to that exact problem
Maybe because I'm not afraid to open something up and I know what to look for. ;)

I thought this switch was newer than it is, but the date on the logic board is ©2004. That's about the time the bad capacitors were still a problem.

I hopefully have replaced every cap in my workplace that will/has failed and not under warranty.

Btw, what did you upgrade lately or bring online to up your production?

Nothing. It's just the luck of the draw with the Work Units. My ATI GPU clients were getting the projects that have a large number of atoms that suits the ATI chipset better than the ones with fewer atoms. My two GPU clients can Fold at close to 260 points per hour running those projects. Plus, my two Mac SMP clients have been getting the 1920 point WUs.

The Linksys Gigabit switch is back in service after I replaced the two bad caps in the 3.3V switching section. I guess the Broadcom chips likes it when the 3.3V doesn't have any ripple in it.

Just realized I had 3 of my folding clients not running for the past couple days. I need to keep closer eye on these things lately.

Well I'm back folding again at least for a little while. Will only be making a small contribution as I am only running 1 PS3 client and 2 ATI GPU Clients.. :)
Got the fever once again and just have to try and get that million mark..:D

Fold on!!!!

I installed the latest Nvidia driver (181.20) on Friday. Averaging over 9K since Friday and hit 10K over the weekend. If it keeps up, total increase in PPD of about 25%. Not bad.

Foo. If it's not one thing, it's another. Now, my ATI 4850 client is experiencing instability and AbEnding. The machine has rebooted several times with a bugcheck, about once a day on average. Since this my son's PC, I think it's possible that one of the on-line games he likes to download may be causing the problem. It may be time for a rebuild.

I see we're closing in on Leo Laporte's TWIT team. Next to AVSForum, that will be quite the accomplishment!

ok i now have the smp client running on win 7 64 bit as a service. Will try and get the GPU client working next and then i'll be back to my win xp rates again.

Edit: GPU up and running but found the default power plan for win 7 is to sleep after 30 mins, so stopped folding ! Fixed that.

Last edited:
Passed them this weekend.:D Way to go SatGuys Folding Team.:up Just 2M more points to catch AVSForum.
Scott has to feature us on the Home Page when that happens! :cool: :up

We've also had our most productive month ever, and we still have five days to go! Although, if you look at Work Units, we haven't come close to the 5,299 WUs Folded in June 2008.

Plus!, ScorpionSting has now reached 5,000,000 points Folding! SatinKzo has just reached 3,000,000 points! And :welcome to Plazzman, the SatelliteGuys.US Folding Team's latest Points Millionaire!

And finally: Yea Team!!! We broke 100,000 PPD!!! Yesterday, we Folded 203 Work Units for a total of 100,414 Points!!!

Last edited:
Another milestone: duggan75 just passed the 2,000,000 point mark! Now, when I move on to join SatinKzo in the 3 million club, we'll have someone keeping the lights on in the 2,000,000 lounge. :)

Another milestone: duggan75 just passed the 2,000,000 point mark! Now, when I move on to join SatinKzo in the 3 million club, we'll have someone keeping the lights on in the 2,000,000 lounge. :)
Congrats to duggan75 for that 2M milestone.:up The Scorpion is still stinging us with 15K ppd and is now past 5M.:eek: :D

We only have 39 ACTIVE folders at this time. We need to wake up those 119 INACTIVE folders. If we could wake just half of them, we could easily get up to 150k ppd.

I just realized I had some clients out there at work that I never upgraded in the past few months. Got them upgraded today to latester versions. Maybe it'll help ppd, maybe not.

I sure wish we'd get a few more members, it would be nice to pop up the PPD and WU's. We are doing quite well with what we have, but even a few more people helping even part time would be a nice addition.

Thanks for the welcome to the Million club Foxbat.. I finally broke down and took SatinKzo's advice and am now an Nvidia convert.. ;) I replaced 2 ATI 3850 with 2 9800 GTX+ cards on a 9550 AMD quad and the results have been outstanding. Thanks SatinKzo..!!!:)

I do have a few junk clients running more for the differn't WU's than points.

I agree once again with SatinKzo come on people help the team and fold!!!!

Fold on..!!!!!! Plazz :p

Well, I found that my Mac Pro had gotten hung up on sending a WU, so I was missing 2,500ppd. It turns out that there is a new beta client for Mac OS/X, so I downloaded it and I seem to be Folding full bore once again.

Boy, drop your guard for a few days...