Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Mark, I've tried to use the same technique I used to post the images in the previous post but it doesn't work for some reason.

Yeah, same here. I've tried for over an hour to get the EOC settings to work with no luck.
Scott will have to clarify, but I think the problem is that IMG tags aren't allowed in the sig area. I understand why they do this. Many other boards I'm on allow it and It's annoying to have a 800x600 pic at the bottom of every post.

I think the gamer tags are PHP or maybe flash.

Shawn

Folding News Update:
http://folding.stanford.edu/news.html said:
5/20/2007 Update on collection server and server & server room upgrades --

Since people have been curious, I thought it would be important to comment on these issues in a very visible place (I've addressed this our forum, but it's better to make a posting in a more visible place like this). The main issue with the CS right now is that with all the FAH WU's, the current CS hardware needs to be upgraded to handle it. We have a plan to handle it. Short term, we have put only certain machines on the CS to get it at least partially working (better than not working at all). We have been waiting for new hardware to make the real long term solution: new and more hardware. The new hardware will be much more beefy to handle the issue. Also, we will move to having multiple collection servers, which will also lessen the load and the requirements of each individual CS. The new machines are here and finally networked (as of Friday). Our sysadmins need to install the OS on the machines and we should be ready to roll.

I noticed that my Windows FAH client has been trying to upload since 04:30 UTC this morning. It keeps on getting "Server Busy". According to the Folding Forums, others have had issues this week as well.

Anyone here have problems uploading lately?

I've had some problems uploading lately. Also, I am getting a lot of "Server does not have a record of this unit" messages.

5/20/2007 "Update on collection server and server & server room upgrades
Since people have been curious, I thought it would be important to comment on these issues in a very visable place (I've addressed this our forum, but it's better to make a posting in a more visable place like this). The main issue with the CS right now is that with all the FAH WU's, the current CS hardware needs to be upgraded to handle it. We have a plan to handle it. Short term, we have put only certain machines on the CS to get it at least partially working (better than not working at all). We have been waiting for new hardware to make the real long term solution: new and more hardware. The new hardware will be much more beefy to handle the issue. Also, we will move to having multiple collection servers, which will also lessen the load and the requirements of each individual CS. The new machines are here and finally networked (as of Friday). Our sysadmins need to install the OS on the machines and we should be ready to roll. "

Here is the scoop on why images are not allowed in signatures, the simple reason was that some folks were using images which also were seved with tracking cookies, these cookies could identify you and also tell what you have been doing, how often you vist, and even what other sites you visit.

We caught a competing forum using this trick by putting up a signature with a funny little picture which everyone would think was innocent, that was until someone with cookie tracking software on their PC alerted us to this issue. (I.e. they were keeping tabs on us here at SatelliteGuys)

This is the reason why.

Now however if I can do for the folding@home stats and signatures like I did for the XBOXLIVE signature pictures, I can hard code the code in and then you would be able to add [folding]username[/folding] and that would get your stats listed in your signature.

I just need to know the code needed to make the picture, (i.e. http://www.foldingathome.com/stats.php?user=scottg&team=satelliteguys)

If someone could get me that I could have something online ASAP. :D

One of the advantages of Folding with a Mac, I guess. Not many as many clients so I haven't seen any upload issues at this time. I'm still waiting for my notebook to upload. What's weird is the Server Status page says the IP addresses that I'm trying are up and accepting uploads. I can ping the IP addresses, so it doesn't look like a network problem.
If someone could get me that I could have something online ASAP. :D
Code:
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php?u=244358&bg=1&c3=0062A6&c2=556688&c4=5891E8&c1=aaddaa&c5=ffffff
Is that what you're looking for? The ?u=244358 needs to be the EOC user number.

Last edited:
I was watching The Omen last night, I go to check the stats and what do I see: We're ranked 666. Jeesh... At least we're moving up.:)
665 as I type. It also looks like the WU my HP completed finally uploaded this morning after 24 hours of sitting on my HP, so the servers may be catching up. Phew!

Ok got one setup. :)

Use [ FAH ]Username[ /FAH ] (with no spaces!)

And it will look like this...

[fah]SatelliteGuys[/fah]

Still got to work on the colors. But it works. :D

One of the advantages of Folding with a Mac, I guess. Not many as many clients so I haven't seen any upload issues at this time. I'm still waiting for my notebook to upload. What's weird is the Server Status page says the IP addresses that I'm trying are up and accepting uploads. I can ping the IP addresses, so it doesn't look like a network problem.

Same here. My iMac-Intel doesn't have a problem uploading. But my work PCs, well, they have been attempting to send results all since I got here this morning. I've had this happen in the past and as long as it keeps saving it "keeping in queue" it usually takes at some time.

Scott, Thank for adding the hard code for the FAH signature.

Stone,

The colors change based on what level of contribution your making.

Here's what is on the folding.extremeovercloking.com page.

The data actually changes *slightly*, if your team rank goes up/down within the past 7 days, it will display that info (with the up/down arrow) instead of Work Units. Also the User / Team color corresponds to the stats colors.

Users are color coded based on 24 hour average production.
Color codes are as follows: 0 / 1+ / 100+ / 200+ / 400+ / 800+ / 1.2k+ / 1.6k+