Jumped here from C-Band

wgeorge

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Hawaii
C-Band customer has finally capitulated. I've been a Dish Network customer for a couple of weeks now. I have the 120 package with the 522 and 322 receivers. I wanted the HD but It will take another antenna and, of course, an HD receiver to accomplish.

Some comments

Picture quality: Generally not as good as C-Band. Looks a little soft. That said, on some channels, at some times, it can be quite good. Compression variables I guess. None of the channels/programming has yielded a poor picture.

HD programming: On C-Band HD channels were minimal, basically, HBO and Discovery. Much of that was upconverted material which is unimpressive. However, when true HD was shown on my Pioneer 58 inch Elite rear projection TV it was absolutely stunning. Looked like a very good photograph. Will have to wait and see what HD looks like on Dish.

Interface: Basically it is well thought out and user friendly. My wife has far fewer problems operating the 522/322. The DVR has worked well and is convenient to operate.

Overall, I am pleased with the system so far. The variety of programming suits our viewing. The installer worked closely with me and did a good job. The manuals are well written and fairly complete.

I will be closely watching the HD development in programming and receivers on the forum .

Happy to join you folks.

Bill

welcome to satellite guys. if i had the cash, line of sight and space, i would be with c band. best of luck with dish. hopefully you will enjoy it.

no plans for any new hd anytime soon from dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)