Junior hits #600

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
QxFMuNMk.jpg
1213054468.jpg

Junior hits a milestone, and he did it untainted...

A shiny example in a sea of CRAP cheaters. He is what baseball should be about. And I say that as someone who has never rooted for the Mariners or Reds. Ken Griffy Jr for Commissioner!!!!!!!

Pretty impressive company for "The Kid" I must say!

1.Barry Bonds*: 762
2.Hank Aaron: 755
3.Babe Ruth: 714
4.Willie Mays: 660
5.Sammy Sosa*: 609
6.Ken Griffey Jr: 600

Unfortunately it goes without mentioning that we as baseball fans always will be left wondering what could have been if Ken Griffey Jr. avoided injury all of those years with the Reds. I heard on the radio this morning that Jr. missed the equivalent of 3 years worth of baseball due to injury. It is possible that if he stayed healthy, we may be talking about 700 HR today.

Regardless, congratulations to a class act and a player who brought a new element and excitement to the game in the early 90's and a outstanding career that now spans 20 years. I feel like I practically grew up with Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball and Jr. go hand in hand.

Last edited:
please remove bonds and sosa from that list. they are hardly in the same class of grace as the others. i will agree that if junior hadn't been hurt all those years, he probably would have broken aaron's home run record instead of asterisk!

please remove bonds and sosa from that list. they are hardly in the same class of grace as the others. i will agree that if junior hadn't been hurt all those years, he probably would have broken aaron's home run record instead of asterisk!

I added asterisks next to the said chemically enhanced....

From Sportsline:

"Griffey currently is at 600 in 9,045 at-bats. And had he not lost an estimated 450 games to the disabled list from the time he arrived in Cincinnati in 2000 through 2005, his number today undoubtedly would be far higher than 600."

I hope he stays in the game for a long time to come...either here or in Seattle. He is a true baseball player and a class act.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)