Just a friendly warning about DishStore.net/Metro25's rebate scam

The entire point of this thread was to publicize it. If I call or communicate via PM (which I'm using this as a response to your PM) then what's the point? People will still be getting ripped off and the problem won't be solved.

Claude posted that he had a solution to "eliminate the red tape" and that the page was on another server or controlled by someone else so he couldn't put a notice on there about the fee. Again, the only place the "shipping and handling" fee is mentioned is on the form that, when you call in, you are told you don't have to fill out. Also, the amount of the shipping and handling fee is not listed.

A simple change would be to put the verbiage "A shipping and handling fee of $16 will be required to redeem your rebate" and put it in the small print that is the same at every page on the site. This cloak and dagger "Dish won't let me comment publicly" and "Dish won't let us put that on the page" is quite frankly a load of BS. Again, it is illegal to charge someone to get a rebate in most states, and I think the FTC and attorneys general would be interested in hearing about it.

The entire point of this thread was to publicize it. If I call or communicate via PM (which I'm using this as a response to your PM) then what's the point? People will still be getting ripped off and the problem won't be solved.

Claude posted that he had a solution to "eliminate the red tape" and that the page was on another server or controlled by someone else so he couldn't put a notice on there about the fee. Again, the only place the "shipping and handling" fee is mentioned is on the form that, when you call in, you are told you don't have to fill out. Also, the amount of the shipping and handling fee is not listed.

A simple change would be to put the verbiage "A shipping and handling fee of $16 will be required to redeem your rebate" and put it in the small print that is the same at every page on the site. This cloak and dagger "Dish won't let me comment publicly" and "Dish won't let us put that on the page" is quite frankly a load of BS. Again, it is illegal to charge someone to get a rebate in most states, and I think the FTC and attorneys general would be interested in hearing about it.

I have offered to send you a check for the $16 that was charged for shipping. If you or anyone else who was charged for shipping previously and would like a refund please send me a PM. I can do company check or Paypal. How much more simple does it get than that?

Its not about the money, its about DISH Network policies and procedures and this is the way they want it done.

All I can say is that im working with the Vendor and Im now paying the shipping when the gift cards are mailed out.

I too would be upset about a fee to receive arebate. It seems to me that Scott and Claude have addressed the issue very well. Claude has offered to pay the 16 bucks which essentially comes out of his pocket. I think it is time to let this rest. If u are still unhappy call the FTC or your STATE AG.
I can say that I have never been charged any fees to receive a debate card. Recently received 2 $100 cards from Verizon nocharge for shipping and they came in regular mail.
To the poster that wrote about how sales taxis charged. That would be your state dept of revenue or taxation. Not the retailer.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Scott,
Isn't it time to close this thread? I'm all for open discussion on any topic including sponsors of SatelliteGuys.US, but what more can be said about this? The OP stated his problem and Claude answered and offer a resolution to the OP...Sounds like case close. I could understand keeping it open if there were other posters who are posting similar problems with the Dishstore.net, but that just isn't the case.

Ghpr13:)

This hasn't been resolved. As I stated from the outset, it's not about the measly $16. It's about Claude doing the right thing and posting, at least in the fine print, how the process works. I understand if Dish is a shady company and you can't do anything about it, but at least put it on the website that there is a shipping and handling fee and how much it is. And put it on every page on the site, not just the form that your own CSR tells the customer on the phone not to fill out. It's about keeping them honest.

Claude said he'd fix it but hasn't. Scott has sent me PMs about how it can't be fixed due to Dish but he PM'd me because it can't be public knowledge. It feels like I'm buying my satellite products from Nigeria. If Scott wants to close this thread and sweep it under the rug, fine. However I bought my satellite system from one of his sponsors, I have in the past been a paid Pub Member, and if that's how it's going to be run around here, I might as well go back to DBSTalk/AVSForum where there's more people. Luckily so far it hasn't been that bad.

Seeya!!! You do realize that as a vendor for a company, in this case DishNetwork, you are bound to whatever they tell you that you can do, or not. You have continued to stir the pot even after Claude attempted to make it right for you. I, personally, have no, not even a little sympathy for you and your crusade. Once again, seeya.....

I'm not on a 'crusade'. I've posted a single thread on a forum run by Scott who appears to be in a business relationship with Claude. I have a feeling if this thread took place on DBSTalk and was related to DirecTV you'd be behind me all the way, but whatever. If you aren't interested, you don't have to keep reading this thread.

No actually if this thread was posted on DBStalk it would have been deleted the first day.

Well I have sympathy and would expect the fine print to be updated. Surprised it hasn't been.

You have continued to stir the pot even after Claude attempted to make it right for you.
The point is, as others have pointed out, it's illegal to charge people a fee to receive their rebate. Just because Dish is making it be done this way isn't relevant. As for "making it right", what about others who paid the fee, presuming they had no other option ?

I have read this thread from top to bottom and I, like most folks have no dog in this hunt, meaning I have nothing to gain or lose. With that said, many years ago I contacted Claude over a Dishnetwork issue and he was very patient with me and gave me some good honest advice. At that time I had not purchased the first thing from Claude, he didn't know me from Adams house cat and I didn't know squat about satellite tv.. That says a lot about the man and his business. Over the years I have purchased items from his store at a very competitive price knowing if I have a legitimate complaint he would make it right. That confidence in Claude and his store is priceless in my opinion.......

It says right on the bottom of the redemption page "Customer must pay for shipping/handling" As far as posting the exact amount of the shipping/handeling fee as you are asking, that cost is determined by and is subject to change by the vendor that we are required to use to mail out the Gift cards.

If you or anyone else on this site was charged for shipping and would like a refund please send me a PM we will send you out a check to cover the shipping.

As far as closing this thread, I would actually prefer it to stay open. This thread has brought alot of attention to our promotion, and as a result we have signed up several customers after they read this thread.

It says right on the bottom of the redemption page "Customer must pay for shipping/handling" As far as posting the exact amount of the shipping/handeling fee as you are asking, that cost is determined by and is subject to change by the vendor that we are required to use to mail out the Gift cards.

If you or anyone else on this site was charged for shipping and would like a refund please send me a PM we will send you out a check to cover the shipping.

As far as closing this thread, I would actually prefer it to stay open. This thread has brought alot of attention to our promotion, and as a result we have signed up several customers after they read this thread.

You are being much TOO nice. If it says that they will be charged shipping then they really don't deserve a single red cent back.

HA! I'm glad to hear it. Claude you are, as always, being too nice. If the fee (which is not to receive a rebate but for shipping) is indecated right on the redemption ticket, then I think you are being more than fair!

Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts