Just Got New HDTV

wkilpatrick

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Well I dropped our old HDTV so we went to Costco and picked up a 47" Vizio LCD HDTV.

Right now I have it connected with the Green, Blue, & Red Cables. I am wanting to get a HDMI Cable. Are there certain ones to get?

Any help would be appreciated.

I bought an HDMI-to-DVI cable off of eBay a few years ago. I paid $0.99 and $4-5 shipping. It still works today....

Many people believe a "digital" cable either works or it doesn't. There is no "high quality" or "cheap" involved. Just to be clear, a $100 Monster Cable will NOT provide a visually better picture.

Many people believe a "digital" cable either works or it doesn't. There is no "high quality" or "cheap" involved. Just to be clear, a $100 Monster Cable will NOT provide a visually better picture.

For longer runs, it does make a difference, but that is a moot point.

Well I dropped our old HDTV so we went to Costco and picked up a 47" Vizio LCD HDTV.

Right now I have it connected with the Green, Blue, & Red Cables. I am wanting to get a HDMI Cable. Are there certain ones to get?

Any help would be appreciated.

Keep in mind you probably will not notice any difference between HDMI and component (red, green blue). I have compared OTA channels sent directly to TV with Channels split into the 622 then out component. No difference.

True story from yesterday. Took the girlfriend to P.C. Richard for her Toshiba Regza (nice 37 inch btw) and the salesman tried to sell us a 6ft HDMI cable for 119.99. Um no thanks!!! Went home and ordered TWO 6ft HDMI cables from Monoprice.com for 15.59 w/shipping. Nuff said!

I just love to see the reaction on salesmen's faces when I tell them I can buy the same cable for less than 10% the cost of the ones in the store. They usually hear "10% less" and try to match the price. When I say "No, no. I said less than 10% of your price... like $8 bucks for the same cable (you charge $100 bucks for)" they don't believe me. :)

See ya
Tony

I just love to see the reaction on salesmen's faces when I tell them I can buy the same cable for less than 10% the cost of the ones in the store. They usually hear "10% less" and try to match the price. When I say "No, no. I said less than 10% of your price... like $8 bucks for the same cable (you charge $100 bucks for)" they don't believe me. :)

See ya
Tony

Yep! Good times, good times:D

Believe it or not many stores sell cables at a lower pre in the video game aisle---sometimes even the SAME cable is cheper a few aisles away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)